July in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This morning on our first dive, one member of the party lost his camera while boarding the boat.
Bad enough to have lost the camera, but it had pictures of his grandson getting open water certified, so there is more than monetary value involved for him.

It was dropped between the end of Palancar Bricks and Palancar Cuevones. It was weighted and should have dropped pretty rapidly.

It's a SeaLife DC1200, black rubberized-type body. May have a broken strap...

If you found it or can get in touch with whoever did, please PM me, and I will get you in touch with him.

Thanks and happy bubbles!
Sallye

Last edited:
We just dove there today. Wish I would have seen this post earlier. I will spread the word to the others as well. Wish him the best of luck.

This morning on our first dive, one member of the party lost his camera while boarding the boat.
Bad enough to have lost the camera, but it had pictures of his grandson getting open water certified, so there is more than monetary value involved for him.

It was dropped between the end of Palancar Bricks and Palancar Cuevones. It was weighted and should have dropped pretty rapidly.

It's a SeaLife DC1200, black rubberized-type body. May have a broken strap...

If you found it or can get in touch with whoever did, please PM me, and I will get you in touch with him.

Thanks and happy bubbles!
Sallye

I posted this on DWM facebook site...maybe we'll get lucky. If I hear anything, I'll contact you immediately via PM.

Nice man! hope your trip is going well! i am heading to Cozumel on the 30th to the 8th :D

Hey folks, we just got back from Cozumel; sorry I missed meeting you on the 19th. The wife and kids are non divers and I had to be dad and husband that night. I probably could have begged off if I had seen the firm dates on this thread, but the house we rented was sans internet until our last day there......maybe next time.

Sal, I saw 2 Lionfish on one dive and 6 on another, but the divemasters and crew did nothing about them. I think if they're going to get serious about eradicating those pest, they should be prepared to kill/capture on every dive.

Cheers,

Couv

Here are a couple of my favorite pics from last week, thanks sally for helpful info.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I saw 2 Lionfish on one dive and 6 on another, but the divemasters and crew did nothing about them. I think if they're going to get serious about eradicating those pest, they should be prepared to kill/capture on every dive.

Cheers,

Couv

That's disheartening. Did you ask them why they didn't? And who were you diving with?

MMM,

The dive op was Aquatic Sports
http://www.scubacozumel.com/index1.html In all fairness I have to say they were great from every other perspective. The reason given was they just did not have a net or pole spear ready on those particular dives. A few of the other divers on board who made previous dives with the same op mentioned the divemasters did indeed capture the lionfish. There was a couple of inexperienced divers on both dives when I saw the lionfish, so maybe the divemasters just decided to stay more focused on them rather than having a few minutes of distraction. Additionally, the DM said that in the future they'll be more ready to sort out the invaders.

My camera went Tango Uniform just when I arrived, however I asked a couple of the other divers to email a few pix, so if they come in I'll post them.

Couv

Hola!!!

Regards to all!!! Will be in Coz July 30 to Aug 7, going with Scuba Mau. On the list, please? Gracias!!!

Back
Top Bottom