July in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishin42-
Glad you figured out posting.
Have you taken a picture of one thing and found other cool things in it once you get a good look at it in a larger format?
Took a shot of one of these guys

and got these neighbors, too!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It wasn't a huge turnout for Wet Wendy's on the 19th but we had a fun little get together. And I learned something about Flying Gurnards from Sally. OK, actually, I'd never seen nor heard of them before this trip. But I did manage to describe them well enough for Sally to hazard a guess and sure enough....right on the button. So after a couple hundred dives in Coz, it sure is great to find something new so thought I'd throw in a couple of images I captured of this bizarre and strangely fantastic twosome....seen right off the coast of Hotel Coz in about 22 feet of water on our checkout dive. Thanks Sally!

DSCF3390.JPG

DSCF3393.JPG

*bowing* Thanks Marc. Nice shots of them! They're much more attractive than batfish. You ever look them up?
My new things ranged from the very small to the very large - the sun anemone shrimp to the whale shark!

WWs was fun on the 19th, small group notwithstanding. Wish we could do it again next Monday! Thought I might've spotted Chelsea and Magen underwater a day or so later but was disappointed that they were not "those divers". jijiji!:D

Took this shot on San Francisco; named it Visions of Grandeur before I ever pressed the shutter button!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yeah, I looked up bat fish and yet another bizarre critter that apparently is seen out there, if rarely. But quite different from these gurnards.

Wish we could go again next Monday as well, but alas, San Francisco is a bit of a commute ;-) Ah back to reality. Time for the August folks to take over. Maybe we'll be part of the November contingent if we can figure it all out.

Cheers to all

Mark

this was our first trip finding the nudis. (wife found the first one) so i am excited at how beautiful they are. And so tiny
DPP_0023-2.jpg

Magen and I enjoyed meeting the few scubaboarders at Wendy's on the 19th. This was our first time to engage with experienced divers and we loved it. Thanks Sallye for letting us pick your brain! Our trip was wonderful and our 4 days of dives were awesome. I think we suceeded in not being "those divers" :) Even limiting out on time not air the last 3 days. Oh! We did finally see lionfish on two dives but alas, our DMs did nothing about them. (We were kind of looking forward to witnessing our first underwater murders)

Definitly in love with all that is Cozumel.

Chelsy-
Apologies for the misspelling!! My brain is yours to pick anytime. Wish I could've murdered a lionfish or 5 for you guys. Was certainly a pleasure every time I did!
I'm betting you weren't "those" divers. You were too devoted to not being them!

My name is Sallye, and I am a Cozuholic.
Welcome to the addiction!

Back
Top Bottom