Joining the Kentucky Piranha Patrol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other than photo ops or an OOA situation my reg stays in my mouth!!!

Beer, soda etc. has C02 in solution due to pressure, much like bends in divers,
when the pressure is reduced the C02 comes out of solution and forms bubbles.

I'm no scientist, but if I'm at 1 atmosphere and open a beer I have bubbles that
come out of solution, 2 atmospheres the bubbles still come out of solution but
at 1/2 their size. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the inverse
would be true on opening a beer at depth, the pressure would impede the explosive
growth of the bubbles.

Disclaimer, I am not a professional, I have no experience, Do NOT attempt this at home!

Land Locked:
Other than photo ops or an OOA situation my reg stays in my mouth!!!

Beer, soda etc. has C02 in solution due to pressure, much like bends in divers,
when the pressure is reduced the C02 comes out of solution and forms bubbles.

I'm no scientist, but if I'm at 1 atmosphere and open a beer I have bubbles that
come out of solution, 2 atmospheres the bubbles still come out of solution but
at 1/2 their size. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the inverse
would be true on opening a beer at depth, the pressure would impede the explosive
growth of the bubbles.

Disclaimer, I am not a professional, I have no experience, Do NOT attempt this at home!

Sounds good to me!!!! Now you know, we have to open a can of beer at 40ft on the next dive!!!!
Kenny

Before or after we inflate the doll??? Maybe I should check with Joe on that one! :D

Sounds like a job for MythBusters!

Who is bringing the Beer???

And just where is H2Andy when you need him?

Land Locked:
Before or after we inflate the doll??? Maybe I should check with Joe on that one! :D

Sounds like a job for MythBusters!

Who is bringing the Beer???

And just where is H2Andy when you need him?
I'll bring the Beer!!! Hey we may have our own TV show, Underwater MythBusters!!!

GUYS, GUYS!! What are you two thinking? Don't waste a beer, stop by the gas station and buy a soda and try it with that. For the most part it should give you the same effect.
I leave you guys alone for one week and you are already wasting good beer.

Ok, Ok, so we use the light beer, I never said we were going to use good stuff!

Lmao.. you guys crack me up. :jester:

IDEA!!! Raid the case that is in the rafters of the NH shelter.
David, if you think this is fun you should see us together in person.

Got bad news at work today. Saturdays aren't going to be free for most of the summer. Of course it doesn't mean that I can't take a day off. It would make more sense to take a week day off instead of an OT day, but you never know.

Hey don't waste good beer or good coke. Stop by walmart and get sam's coke and el cheapo beer.

Back
Top Bottom