Hello from NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckdiver310

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all. I experienced my first dives in Indonesia and I got hooked on a shore dive to the USAT Liberty in Tulamben. A few months later, I got my open water and advanced open water certifications in Utila. Last year I started going out on local wreck dives in the Northeast. I have much to learn and many things to see. Looking forward to being a member of this active community.

Welcome. You're off to a rocking start! I got certified in 2006 and didn't make it to Indonesia till Dec. 2022. Never been to Utila. Diving gets people out to see more of the world.

Richard.

Thank you! Yes, diving has got me much more excited to travel, and also to travel to places I might not otherwise see.

Welcome from a native of Yonkers. Have you shore dived in the NY/NJ/CT area?

Still learning about local shore diving opportunities and very open to suggestions and group meets. Last year I did some some dives in NJ at the Manasquan River Railroad bridge. Cool to see it so full of life. Also did a night dive at the Shark River Inlet at A street in Belmar.

Still learning about local shore diving opportunities and very open to suggestions and group meets. Last year I did some some dives in NJ at the Manasquan River Railroad bridge. Cool to see it so full of life. Also did a night dive at the Shark River Inlet at A street in Belmar.
The only other one in NJ I found was ocean at Allenhurst Jetty. Got there early for a streep parking spot. There is a NY/NJ Beach Diving Guide online somewhere.

A couple of shore dives, each 2+ hours drive, are : Punquogue Bridge in Hampton Bays and Fort Wetherill in Jamestown RI. Best in the fall when water temps can get about 70 degrees. You can usually see juvenile tropical fish which get swept up in the Gulf Stream and spun out along the northeast coast. The Punquogue dive is tide dependent, divable only at slack high tide. Fort Wetherill's biggest challenge is traffic on 95.

Welcome mate! Take a look at this diving club in NYC, I've met amazing people to dive with through it. They host social events every couple of weeks, worth a visit.

A couple of shore dives, each 2+ hours drive, are : Punquogue Bridge in Hampton Bays and Fort Wetherill in Jamestown RI. Best in the fall when water temps can get about 70 degrees. You can usually see juvenile tropical fish which get swept up in the Gulf Stream and spun out along the northeast coast. The Punquogue dive is tide dependent, divable only at slack high tide. Fort Wetherill's biggest challenge is traffic on 95.

Actually it's parking on the weekends during the warmer months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom