Hello from NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am an NYC diver too. Headed to Komodo with my hubs and 22 year old triplet girls. Nice final hooray with my daughters since 2 are about to be military officers and unlikely to ever be able to coordinate for family trips again. I also have a place in Asbury Park NJ. I have been diving since 1998 and planned to dive local, but just never have. Maybe I should start.

Welcome mate! Take a look at this diving club in NYC, I've met amazing people to dive with through it. They host social events every couple of weeks, worth a visit.

Very much agree. I joined the club last year and it's been wonderful making new dive friends who have helped me start diving locally.

People have no idea how great the wreck diving is off Long Island. Try to learn enough to see the San Diego (WWI cruiser, 120 fsw) and the Oregon (Cunard liner, 130 fsw) --my favorite dive in the area. The challenges are getting the proper training to do the dives, and staying warm. The payoff is seeing 500 foot long shipwrecks, majestic! At one point, we were doing trips to both wrecks in the same day, which was spectacular but a long day on the boat.

People have no idea how great the wreck diving is off Long Island. Try to learn enough to see the San Diego (WWI cruiser, 120 fsw) and the Oregon (Cunard liner, 130 fsw) --my favorite dive in the area. The challenges are getting the proper training to do the dives, and staying warm. The payoff is seeing 500 foot long shipwrecks, majestic! At one point, we were doing trips to both wrecks in the same day, which was spectacular but a long day on the boat.

I might think about driving down for that.....

I might think about driving down for that.....

If you look where Fire Island inlet is (to the east of the Roda wreck), and draw a line from there out to the Oregon, you come pretty close to the San Diego, so it can be done if you hustle and dive the San Diego second.

1678896597131.png

How are hotel and charter prices? Plus at those depths I would do them as deco dives.

Welcome mate! Take a look at this diving club in NYC, I've met amazing people to dive with through it. They host social events every couple of weeks, worth a visit.

Several members are (or were) ScubaBoard members. You guys are lucky to have such a great club!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom