ITT: WE poorly describe movies we love

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL, yea I'm lost on that one now. I thought you were trying to be tricky by going for sci-fi "b" movies. I seen "virus" on the sci-fi channel a few weeks back, and it could kinda fit that desciption.

Ok I will try to make it more obvious. The government project made a door to another dimension open and this sends the ship crew crazy especially the dude that designed the original ship. He ends up the craziest of them all and tries to stop the others escaping by doing horrible things. In the end one of the crew blows up the ship with bombs by sacrificing themselves so the others can get away!

You posted whilst I was typing :wink: I got distracted and took a while to post it after I wrote it up. Yes it is Event Horizon.

You posted whilst I was typing :wink: I got distracted and took a while to post it after I wrote it up. Yes it is Event Horizon.

No worries. Looks like Abidon is still on the table.

Event Horizon

These two guys go to Vegas on a whim, but lose their money right way when they double-down on 11. Back home, they spend most of their evenings playing hockey, hitting local bars, and hitting on the ladies. They nearly miss getting involved in a shootout, but everything ends on a happy note when the hero gets to dance with the hot chick from Boogie Nights.

A foreign ruler forcibly repatriates indigenous people. The hero, upon seeing the refugees remonstrates with the ruler, and enters in a bargain with him whereby the hero undertakes an asset retrieval exercise in exchange for the ruler making alternative arrangements for the indigenous peoples. The hero completes the task, but then later double crosses the ruler and appropriates the asset for himself. Then the foreign ruler gets eaten.

Last edited:
In this movie a very rich man is trying to bring peace to a large city by fighting crime in a fancy dress. He supports a politician who likes him and he ends up dealing with a mercenary hired by the mafia. The mercenary is always happy and dont like people who take things to seriously. In the end he tries to save a girl, but ends up saving a guy who gets injured in the process. The saved victim wishes he died, and resents the guy who saved him. After a while he dies, and the city thinks the good guy is a bad man.

In this movie a very rich man is trying to bring peace to a large city by fighting crime in a fancy dress. He supports a politician who likes him and he ends up dealing with a mercenary hired by the mafia. The mercenary is always happy and dont like people who take things to seriously. In the end he tries to save a girl, but ends up saving a guy who gets injured in the process. The saved victim wishes he died, and resents the guy who saved him. After a while he dies, and the city thinks the good guy is a bad man.

The Dark Knight

Jessica Alba in a bikini

Man with troubled past causes significant problems for teenaged friends at night? :D

Back
Top Bottom