ITT: WE poorly describe movies we love

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, Rhone Man was right on, I was being a turd and kept it so vague it could be anything in the genre.

Has this one been done before? I bet it's a tough one.

A space weapon that can destroy an entire planet threatens the galaxy. A rag-tag band of heroes is pursued through space and ends up on a lush world where they team up with some of the indigenous population to destroy the weapon. Several die during land and space-based combat throughout the film, and the heroes eventually destroy the weapon only after a frenetic high-speed chase throughout its innards. Rejoicing occurs.

Starship Troopers? (D'oh! :doh2:)

Here are two and a half hints.

The first hint won't help even those who are familiar with the TV show.

1. My memory is fuzzy, but I don't believe any gestalts make an appearance in the movie.

2. Dum, dum, dum...duh duh...I've got the touch!

Battlestar Galactica

Nope! Did they make a movie out of that?

I'll give it a couple more minutes, I know it's a tough cel.

In the meantime, here's another (can you tell it's Friday afternoon?):

A government agent is tasked with tracking down a ring of child abductors. He chases them all over, gets close a few times and even manages to kill one of them, but the gang always seems one step ahead of him. In a climactic game of chicken near the end, he uncharacteristically panics and crashes his ride, but he makes it out of the wreckage and faces off with the leader of the crime ring, who has bitter memories of his time fighting for the confederacy. Only after a bloody fight does our agent discover that the boss that sent him on the chase is involved to a degree that makes it unconscionable for him to continue, and he lets the criminals go.

Here are two and a half hints.

The first hint won't help even those who are familiar with the TV show.

1. My memory is fuzzy, but I don't believe any gestalts make an appearance in the movie.

2. Dum, dum, dum...duh duh...I've got the touch!

Star Trek: The Movie?:confused:

Alright, you guys have been great sports.

Transformers: The Movie

A space weapon (Unicron) that can destroy an entire planet (Cybertron, others) threatens the galaxy. A rag-tag band of heroes (Autobots) is pursued through space (by the Decepticons) and ends up on a lush world (Earth--that's no moon!) where they team up with some of the indigenous population (the human dudes) to destroy the weapon. Several die during land and space-based combat throughout the film (including Optimus Prime, Starscream, etc.), and the heroes eventually destroy the weapon only after a frenetic high-speed chase throughout its innards (the Matrix thing blows Unicron up from within). Rejoicing occurs.

The first hint won't help even those who are familiar with the TV show. (yep, it was a show)

1. My memory is fuzzy, but I don't believe any gestalts make an appearance in the movie. (this is a crappy hint. Only *really* geeky, loser Transformer fans know what the gestalts are)

2. Dum, dum, dum...duh duh...I've got the touch! (Stan Bush, The Touch - the theme song for the movie)

I'll give it a couple more minutes, I know it's a tough cel (animation).
Seriously guys, Return of the Jedi? NO similarity at all :eyebrow:

heh heh, deathstar, ewoks and their planet, rebels, seriously a bunch of ewoks were killed

:( i wasn't that far off.

Doc, the intuition was totally correct, it was intentional misdirection towards Star Wars. I think doing that makes this game even more fun :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom