ITT: WE poorly describe movies we love

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, i still feel like a sucker. You got me. Kudos

as for the other movie....the last samarai and the sons of Katie Elder come to mind but I know neither one is correct

It's not the Outlaw Jose Wales is it?

The second one goes to similar lengths of misdirection as the first one :)

I've never seen Last Samurai or Katie Elder, but you guys were on the right track earlier on...

Wow, I had no idea all of these movies had child abduction elements!!

Hint: The movie has a strong connection with Bad Horse and the Evil League of Evil.

A foreign ruler forcibly repatriates indigenous people. The hero, upon seeing the refugees remonstrates with the ruler, and enters in a bargain with him whereby the hero undertakes an asset retrieval exercise in exchange for the ruler making alternative arrangements for the indigenous peoples. The hero completes the task, but then later double crosses the ruler and appropriates the asset for himself. Then the foreign ruler gets eaten.

Giving up waiting for you guys. It was "Shrek".

well i think they just killed kids in road warrior, and no that's why samaria didn't work, but i'm outta options

Giving up waiting for you guys. It was "Shrek".

Rhone, I totally thought through Shrek, but for some reason I couldn't reconcile it (my memory was too shaky)--nice job!

well i think they just killed kids in road warrior, and no that's why samaria didn't work, but i'm outta options

Doc, with the possible exception of Road Warrior, you obviously watch more substantive movies than I do :) It's Serenity, directed by Joss Whedon (who also directed Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which was the Bad Horse reference).

And now I start the commute. Hope to see this thread continuing on :)

Rich kid with over priced toys finds that dead parent left antique trinket critical to saving the universe. Kid has to give up secret of all time to save only true love, but wins over bad guys anyway. Still only end up with true love until there is a sequel.[/QUOTE]

DOH Rhone, you got me too. Sorry Gam never seen Serenity. If it helps this was a blockbuster though.:kiss2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom