Is there a theft risk at Buddy Dive???

Have you yourself been a victim of theft on Bonaire?

• Never in 1 - 3 visits

Votes: 59 46.8%
  • Never in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Never in 7 - 10 visits

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Never in more than 10 visits

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Yes. once in one visit

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Yes. once in 2 - 3 visits

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Yes. once in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. once in 7-10 visits

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes. once in more than 10 visits

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yes. more than once on a single visit

• Yes. more than once on 2 - 10 visits

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes. more than once in over 10 visits

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A tactic that scubasteve and his pals employ is to create a ruccous so the thread gets closed in an attmpt to muzzle me, stop the truth and stem the flow of info on Bonaire that all divers should have before heading that way.

He's on to us people. I guess we better move on :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

...just wonderin' if any of the Bonaire 'experts' know whether or not Bonaire has big import taxes/tariffs on scuba gear or other items ? I know there are lots of countries that charge severely high taxes/tariffs on imported items, which would dramatically increase the motive to steal gear/etc. for either personal use or resale back into the black market.....scuba gear is already expensive enough, but pile on big import taxes/tariffs and theft becomes even more compelling.....

Since PiFi is the only Bonaire expert, I cannot speak for him, but I can do what many have done throughout this thread and offer a reasonable opinion. I personally do not see most tourist thefts as being scuba equipment. After all they are diving with the gear while they are being robbed.

it was obvious.:shakehead:

Guess you can't, won't?, answer what the "police" and Gov are doing on Bonaire to stop crime? Not surprised.:eyebrow: Can I save you some time, and help you save face? Nothing, they are doing nothing!

He's on to us people. I guess we better move on :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Actually PiFi I have come to the conclusion that you are incapable of reasonable conversation and have simply chosen to make an effort to watch you embarrass yourself with your rambling posts rather than try to engage you in an intelligent discussion.

As for the Police on Bonaire.....what are they doing? What are they not doing? I suppose you have facts stating exactly what you say they are or are not doing other than just "Well theft still happens does it not?". You must have informants on the island and in the force. You should offer up your PiFi Security Sevices to them to catch the mean and nasty criminals since you could do so much better. Although, you do not seem to be doing very well in Charlotte considering the amount of crime that happens there. Maybe you should focus your energies at home to make it a safe place rather than blather on about Bonaire.

it was obvious.:shakehead:

Guess you can't, won't?, answer what the "police" and Gov are doing on Bonaire to stop crime? Not surprised.:eyebrow: Can I save you some time, and help you save face? Nothing, they are doing nothing!

PiFi, was your trip to Bonaire really that bad? You denigrate the island hugely for one trip's experience.

Posting again as it went underanswered . . . You said you didn't shore dive, so what did you get stolen from where when? :confused:

Last edited:
Sorry to ask what may be obvious to others but what is wrong with this comment? I do not see it as flaming or any more leading than most of Pilot Fish's comments. It is obvious that Pilot Fish is simply here to try and goat people into a fight so I certainly hope thise countering him are not the only ones being warned.
I thought it was just referencing my picture:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom