Is there a theft risk at Buddy Dive???

Have you yourself been a victim of theft on Bonaire?

• Never in 1 - 3 visits

Votes: 59 46.8%
  • Never in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Never in 7 - 10 visits

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Never in more than 10 visits

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Yes. once in one visit

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Yes. once in 2 - 3 visits

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Yes. once in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. once in 7-10 visits

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes. once in more than 10 visits

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yes. more than once on a single visit

• Yes. more than once on 2 - 10 visits

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes. more than once in over 10 visits

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

"he has a monkey on his back"

Sorry to ask what may be obvious to others but what is wrong with this comment? I do not see it as flaming or any more leading than most of Pilot Fish's comments. It is obvious that Pilot Fish is simply here to try and goat people into a fight so I certainly hope thise countering him are not the only ones being warned.

Could you link it for me? I must have looked over it. :wink:

Ok, I'll save you the search : been there once, did not do shore dives, knew nothing of the crime situation on Bonaire before i went because I was not warned of it, stayed at Divi Flamingo and did 16 boat dives. Heard of crime from first hand victims while there, on plane, at other dive destinations, freinds, dive buds, this board, other boards. I would have been a prime victim if I had done shore dives from rental since I was clueless of the crime there. I thought it was like other safe places, like Saba that I've been to. I was lucky. Not everyone is. Noticed a few unamamed security stations at Divi and elsewhere but did not pay that much attention. As I said, I was lucky and a lot of people are not.

Now that I know the real situation there, I will not go back. Too many other safe and fun palces to dive.

Well, I read that post and interpreted it as it was meant I think. A joke against people who exaggerate the crime problem...

That's the same thing, adevake

1 trip, no experience makes you the expert you are today. I for one am glad you finally confessed.

You see, that is one of your problems, you flame, insitgate, stir up, ridicule and think it's funny. You don't see it for what it really is. Sorry, it's flaming:shakehead:

Sorry to ask what may be obvious to others but what is wrong with this comment? I do not see it as flaming or any more leading than most of Pilot Fish's comments. It is obvious that Pilot Fish is simply here to try and goat people into a fight so I certainly hope thise countering him are not the only ones being warned.

You see, that is one of your problems, you flame, insitgate, stir up, ridicule and think it's funny. You don't see it for what it really is. Sorry, it's flaming:shakehead:

PiFi, was your trip to Bonaire really that bad? You denigrate the island hugely for one trip's experience.

PiFi, all of my energy in this thread has been trying to understand why you hold such an obvious hatred for Bonaire and trying to get you to quit posting irrationally and childishly. I am not the one that said anything about a monkey although I do believe every songle one of your posts makes it a very true statement.

Scuba, before I put you back on IGNORE, could you tell the board what steps the "police" on Bonaire and Gov have implemented to stop crime on Bonaire, specifically from rental vehicles, break ins and improved apprehension of criminals? Why have they not stopped break-ins at rented condos and robberies from rental vehicles? Since you are a, self proclaimed, expert on Bonaire I'm sure you'll be able to cite police figures on Bonaire crime and tells us what the tourist crime questionaires say ? Oh, wait, they don't provide that, or publish figures. Drat! So, all you really know of Bonaire, PRIMARILY, is what you've heard? gee.

1 trip, no experience makes you the expert you are today. I for one am glad you finally confessed.

A tactic that scubasteve and his pals employ is to create a ruccous so the thread gets closed in an attmpt to muzzle me, stop the truth and stem the flow of info on Bonaire that all divers should have before heading that way.

...just wonderin' if any of the Bonaire 'experts' know whether or not Bonaire has big import taxes/tariffs on scuba gear or other items ? I know there are lots of countries that charge severely high taxes/tariffs on imported items, which would dramatically increase the motive to steal gear/etc. for either personal use or resale back into the black market.....scuba gear is already expensive enough, but pile on big import taxes/tariffs and theft becomes even more compelling.....

Back
Top Bottom