Is there a theft risk at Buddy Dive???

Have you yourself been a victim of theft on Bonaire?

• Never in 1 - 3 visits

Votes: 59 46.8%
  • Never in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Never in 7 - 10 visits

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Never in more than 10 visits

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Yes. once in one visit

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Yes. once in 2 - 3 visits

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Yes. once in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. once in 7-10 visits

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes. once in more than 10 visits

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yes. more than once on a single visit

• Yes. more than once on 2 - 10 visits

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes. more than once in over 10 visits

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two rules regarding theft, petty, serious and annoying on Bonaire: if you experience ANY form of crime on Bonaire, it was your fault, either by asking for it, or not using common sense - the criminals are actually the tourist/divers themselves, preying on each other. The chances of being a victim of crime on Bonaire is as remote as snow in Death Valley.ahem

How to avoid crime in Bonaire: take a spare battery with you from the States, wheel locks, gas locks, room burglar alarms, door jams, motion detectors, night vision goggles, heavy duty chains and spare locks too, use second hand, ratty gear and dive equipement, leave all windows and doors open to avoid having to pay for broken windows and doors, leave a large goon with a black belt behind to guard your old, dented, truck, leave nothing out to dry unattended, have one person follow the cleaning staff around when they come to your room, have the black belted thug you hired follow the handy man around that is doing repair on any of the stuff the criminals break in your room and then you'll be fine. Yeah, great place to dive. :laughing: real relaxing and safe, like Bagdad or Fulugah.
:

Ticket counter: Mr PAPAbear you and Mr gypsy are over-weight. Gee, we're on diets, Miss. no, not you, your 3 bags. What's in them? Well one bag has my good clothes and dive gear and the other has old ratty clothes and crummy dive gear we don't care about. I see, the ticket agent says. And what is in that, that third bag? oooooooooooooooh, that's a few spare batteries, some heavy duty chains, door jams, soldering gun, night vision mask, burglar alarms, crow bars, masking tape, crime manual, self defense hand book, and two spare tires. oooooooooooh, I see, said the ticket agent, you must be going to Bonaire? Yepper, we are. Well, good luck and please fill out this crime report on the way over. It will save you a lot of time when you come back.:laughing:

Well, I know how your post count gets so high, cut and paste the same 4 posts over and over again. I mean 10,161 posts and only 60 thanks received, kinda lame huh? should say something about the quality of posts you have, heck scuba steve has 21,000 thanks.

Just let it go and let this thread die a dignified death, although it may be to late for that.

No way! I just keep the first season of CSI with me! Very light and everything you need!

I am one of the people who has had NO problems at all! So I just refuse to be a victim, just a diver, and lover of another great dive destination in the Caribbean! BTW for about 7 dollars a day you can have full coverage and not sweat anything! So with all my Preparation, keen senses, alert awareness, and all around good charm I see no problem that can't be overcome! But thanks for caring so much! Look for my next report about divers paradise!

PF, I'd like to know if you've ever been to Bonaire.
Did you take any precautions?
Have you had any trouble there?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, narcosis in the first ata?:eyebrow:

No way! I just keep the first season of CSI with me! Very light and everything you need!

I am one of the people who has had NO problems at all! So I just refuse to be a victim, just a diver, and lover of another great dive destination in the Caribbean! BTW for about 7 dollars a day you can have full coverage and not sweat anything! So with all my Preparation, keen senses, alert awareness, and all around good charm I see no problem that can't be overcome! But thanks for caring so much! Look for my next report about divers paradise!

If divers are puzzled as to why things have not, or will not, change, regarding Bonaire crime, all they have to do is read this and other threads discussing Bonaire crime and take note of all the joking and blaming of the victims to get their answer. It's just a joke to some divers in this thread and THAT should alert you to the fact that that is a great deal of the problem. The criminals, the Bonaire "police" and Bonaire Gov read this and other boards and are continually reassured that they can continue doing as they please.

PF, I'd like to know if you've ever been to Bonaire.
Did you take any precautions?
Have you had any trouble there?

Pilot Fish,

Why aren't you answering this question ^^.

By the way: nobody is disregarding the victims or joking about their situation. All we're stating is that it's not that big a problem as you make it out to be. There is crime on the island, as there is everywhere in the world, but the vast majority of the people that visit the island have a crime free holiday.

It is unfortunate that crime happens on the island and it is a serious bummer if it happens to you when visiting, but lets not exaggerate things shall we?

I also have something to say about your silly remark about the local with the 6 regs... Is it illegal to own 6 regs? Would somebody in the USA be questioned for owning 6 regs?
How would the police find out if somebody has 6 regs? Have you ever heard of privacy? The police can't just barge into any house and start searching for evidence of crime, there are procedures to be followed...

Two rules regarding theft, petty, serious and annoying on Bonaire: if you experience ANY form of crime on Bonaire, it was your fault, either by asking for it, or not using common sense - the criminals are actually the tourist/divers themselves, preying on each other. The chances of being a victim of crime on Bonaire is as remote as snow in Death Valley.ahem

How to avoid crime in Bonaire: take a spare battery with you from the States, wheel locks, gas locks, room burglar alarms, door jams, motion detectors, night vision goggles, heavy duty chains and spare locks too, use second hand, ratty gear and dive equipement, leave all windows and doors open to avoid having to pay for broken windows and doors, leave a large goon with a black belt behind to guard your old, dented, truck, leave nothing out to dry unattended, have one person follow the cleaning staff around when they come to your room, have the black belted thug you hired follow the handy man around that is doing repair on any of the stuff the criminals break in your room and then you'll be fine. Yeah, great place to dive. :laughing: real relaxing and safe, like Bagdad or Fulugah.
:

:panicbutton:

Obviously you have never been to these places EITHER.

in this one post you have displayed forever how little credibility you rants on Bonaire have, and how little they are based on anything less than complete delusion, or hatred, or both!

yours are not warnings to other divers of possible criminal activity on Bonaire, as you pretend, but a continuing outright attack on one particular island. Repeated viscous and often slanderous attacks on the island, it's people, it's police, and especially anyone who dares to try to point out their own experiences there. Attacks designed to damage that small island, which you have made your personal enemy, for reasons you have continually refused to share.

Your credibility would not be so low on this board, I believe, if you were to share the reason for your deep personal hatred of this island and it's people. Maybe I am wrong. It's possible that were you to share those reasons we might find you even less credible a witness, but after thousands of anti-Bonaire posts that is very hard to imagine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom