Question 1st Time to Bonaire / Theft from vehicles while shore diving / Dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the camera was saving to the cloud, in theory you would have proof of the theft....
He called it a dummy camera. So the idea was to scare people off for fear of being "seen" without it actually working?

Would the average thief even have a clue that that box sitting on the dashboard is a dummy security camera? Anything left in a truck that requires intelligence to understand is an invitation for feeble-minded crooks to take a closer look at.

Unfortunately this is no longer true. I was there in March, and the policy had changed to it is always YOUR problem.
I don't think your statement is correct. I was there last week (May 21-28) and was issued the watertight container for the key fob. Easily hangs off your BC during the dive. (Actually floats up so you're towing a little buoy around with you.) They take a $20 deposit which you get back when you return it.

I don't think your statement is correct. I was there last week (May 21-28) and was issued the watertight container for the key fob. Easily hangs off your BC during the dive. (Actually floats up so you're towing a little buoy around with you.) They take a $20 deposit which you get back when you return it.
Yes, they still have the containers. But if it floods, it is YOUR problem, not theirs. That is all that has changed. Sorry I was not clear.

I don't think your statement is correct. I was there last week (May 21-28) and was issued the watertight container...
What is commercial name of container? How many O-rings? Were you worried about its waterproofness? :confined:

What is commercial name of container? How many O-rings? Were you worried about its waterproofness? :confined:
This is the sort of container. It has a single o-ring that seals to the flange at the top of the lower piece and the bottom of the upper piece. And it is plastic, so it floats and bends Much better to get something like the DRYFOB. Two o-rings, made like an underwater light, metal.

This is the sort of container. It has a single o-ring that seals to the flange at the top of the lower piece and the bottom of the upper piece. And it is plastic, so it floats and bends Much better to get something like the DRYFOB. Two o-rings, made like an underwater light, metal.
I wouldn't trust those not flooding! They do protect eyeglasses well, though. 👓

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom