Question 1st Time to Bonaire / Theft from vehicles while shore diving / Dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey thanks for the testimonial on DRYOBs too Drrich2 .. your trip sounds amazing. I'm just catching up and saw your report. We are really keen to go back to Bonaire. Also @Diver With Altitude we actually tested the DRYFOB to 260ft in our chamber for 24hrs and got them IPx8 rated to 130 ft/1hr (had to specify a depth/length when paying for the test).

I own a storage company so I have alot of dummy cameras. I take one and put it on the dash of my pickup truck. I always say: If it helps me from 1 break in, then I think it was worth it. I lock my doors, don't leave anything in sight, and leave the camera on my dash inside the truck. Works really good for the 9 weeks I was in Bonaire this winter.

Tanks, not an issue.

Keys? How to keep the FOB dry so your truck starts.

Excellent product.
Another option for some cars is to remove the emergency key from the fob and manually lock the door but leave the fob in the trunk, the emergency key can get wet and you can keep it on you while diving (just dont loose it). Some cars wont let you do this but most I have found will.

I own a storage company so I have alot of dummy cameras. I take one and put it on the dash of my pickup truck. I always say: If it helps me from 1 break in, then I think it was worth it. I lock my doors, don't leave anything in sight, and leave the camera on my dash inside the truck. Works really good for the 9 weeks I was in Bonaire this winter.
Lock my doors to. Never had a problem. Leave the key under a rock somewhere.

Lock my doors to. Never had a problem. Leave the key under a rock somewhere.
It would almost be better to hide the rock than the key. I have seen more broken glass in Bonaire dive site parking lots than I care to. You have been lucky.

Theft is not just at sites. Sat next to gentleman on Sat 3/26 Delta flight who had his $2K titanium regs setup go missing from Sand $$. Had been in rinse tank, dive staff saw them, pulled them out and set them next to tank, and when he returned to pick them up, gone I don't know the time interval between when he dropped them in and went to retrieve, or any more details, but he was not a happy camper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom