Is there a theft risk at Buddy Dive???

Have you yourself been a victim of theft on Bonaire?

• Never in 1 - 3 visits

Votes: 59 46.8%
  • Never in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Never in 7 - 10 visits

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Never in more than 10 visits

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Yes. once in one visit

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Yes. once in 2 - 3 visits

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Yes. once in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. once in 7-10 visits

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes. once in more than 10 visits

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yes. more than once on a single visit

• Yes. more than once on 2 - 10 visits

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes. more than once in over 10 visits

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ferry, private boat, air, SOS.

PF..I realize you know (or perhaps THINK you know may be more accurate) quite a bit about Bonaire, so if you can tell me exactly where that ferry is I'd be most appreciative.:D

What a contentious thread. I feel like the thread has covered just about every angle on this topic, but FWIW, the poll doesn't mean much because my guess is that MOST of the Scubaboard readers who go to Bonaire have repeatedly read not to leave anything in the truck, etc., etc., and therefore are less likely to be theft victims than others who don't hang around here. The sample is highly skewed.

There is a problem with thefts on Bonaire as well as many other tourist destinations. I wish there wasn't a problem. Overall, Bonaire is a safe island to visit and a tourist can minimize the risk of being a crime victim. You are unlikey to robbed or murdered on Bonaire. Everything we do in life has risks; all we can do is be aware and prepared and make choices. Some will choose to go, some will choose not to. I, for example, choose not to dive with bull sharks. I don't condemn those who do; it just isn't for me. On the other hand, I wish I was on Bonaire or Curacao right now.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Ok gentlemen ( you know who you are)...let's be nice and leave the snarkiness out of the thread. :)

Carolyn:shark2:

Ferry, private boat, air, SOS.

'nuff said. You are arguing with zero first hand knowledge. Thanks for clarifying that.

:shocked2:They spray for bugs on Roatan. Do they catch and arrest criminals on Bonaire. No they do not.:no:

Don't be silly....they spray for criminals :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

After reading posts indicating that the theft issue is more likely to be committed by tourists, I must be taking leave of my common sense.

I can't really see the point of someone paying all of the money to travel that distance, pay for a hotel room and a vehicle, only to steal from other tourists.

I must be way behind the times now if that is happening.

That or I am completely missing the point of the posts.

No, you're on the right track. The issue is petty thievery in rental cars left at dive sites and room invasions at night while asleep in your room.

To think it's the work of tourists is quite absurd and basically preposterous.

It's really all they've got, after blaming the victims:shakehead:

It's pathetic.

No, you're on the right track. The issue is petty thievery in rental cars left at dive sites and room invasions at night while asleep in your room.

To think it's the work of tourists is quite absurd and basically preposterous.

People make themselves victims! Ask any security expert and you can do things to lessen your chance! DO you have your paper delivered while not at home where you live! I hope not!

If they really cared about us on Roatan they would spray more because 98% of all divers get bit! So I think they want us to be bitten because the sell the blood on the mainland for extra cash to the exiled President! I know it a friend of my neighbor assured me of it!

Since our infamous Bonaire Basher refuses to be honest and answer some pretty simple questions, we can ask them for possibly the third, fourth....maybe even the fifth time. One more time......

PF, it has been asked a couple of times now, so perhaps you could bless us with an answer. How many times have you visited the island, and on how many of those trips did you suffer a petty crime yourself?

Back
Top Bottom