Is there a theft risk at Buddy Dive???

Have you yourself been a victim of theft on Bonaire?

• Never in 1 - 3 visits

Votes: 59 46.8%
  • Never in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Never in 7 - 10 visits

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Never in more than 10 visits

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Yes. once in one visit

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Yes. once in 2 - 3 visits

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Yes. once in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. once in 7-10 visits

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes. once in more than 10 visits

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yes. more than once on a single visit

• Yes. more than once on 2 - 10 visits

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes. more than once in over 10 visits

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe somebody should post a poll asking people who have been to bonaire if they had a crime free vacation, something stolen from their car that was of some value, something stolen out of their car that was of no value, had their gas stolen, had a break in when they where out, had a break in when they where in, ...
Maybe we should have one about the USA as well. There are places near my SoFla home where I would not park to dive. Does that mean ALL of SoFla is crime-ridden? No.

More weight than your opinion at this point. You will never drop this anti-Bonaire mission of yours. You offer nothing in the form of a scientific idea so do not cut up those who found a reasonable idea to get feedback from people.
Just like the people who whine on ad nauseum about the Nekton Pilot. No matter how many of us actually went on it and had a fabulous trip, people will scream OMG Nekton sucks don't go!

Who's to say this poll will be accurate and filled out only by divers who have visited and not by people that have a vested financial interest in Bonaire,i.e., travel agents, car rental agencies, condo owners, hotel owners and staff, dive op owners, Bonaire police, criminals and Gov people, and thier frinds and family? What weight do you give this UNSCINETIFIC POLL? I find it curious that some people, that claim not to have a vested interest in Bonaire, are very quick to discount repeated reports of crime on Bonaire but instantly embrace all the glowing reports of people that claim to have visited with no problem? Who is to say THOSE accounts are any truer than the reports of crime? Could they be friends or employees of people with a business there? Sure, it's possible. Who is to say that a person taking 20 tours there over a period of 15 years, with 15 people in the tour, that claim never to have a problem, is true and accurate? Is it possible some people had a problem but the tour person omitts telling us that? Possible.

If proof of a peron being a victim of crime on the island is required, why isn't the reverse required also? Either one coud be false, right? The person, or persons, reporting a wonderful, incident free vacation on Bonaire could be the criminals? Possible. Is it possible a person that owns a businees on Bonaire would get his friends and family members to post glowing accounts of a crime free Bonaire? Sure it is. Their livelihood is too connected to Bonaire to allow them to be objective, or even honest. Why some people immediatelly discount a report of crime on Bonaire while accepting without question a glowing report has to make you stop and question that?
I though based on your last past you were ending discussion?

I got my hopes up that this thread would finally die.

What weight? Hmmm... more than none, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
Well, we have 15 voters so far representing a minimum of 63 theft-free Bonaire visits. Where are all the victims? Even our Bonaire-Basher in Chief wasn't a victim of theft there, if I read him right...
Rick

Did I say that, Steve? Of course not. You need to reread my post, take your time, and maybe, just maybe, you'll finally understand what is being said? According to you, truth is what YOU interpret it as.:shakehead:

Are you telling us that you think the people are lying? I am shocked that you of all people would not see the truth for what it really is. Oh wait....you can't see it because it does not support your Anti-Bonaire rhetoric.

What weight? Hmmm... more than none, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
Well, we have 15 voters so far representing a minimum of 63 theft-free Bonaire visits. Where are all the victims? Even our Bonaire-Basher in Chief wasn't a victim of theft there, if I read him right...
Rick

Are these "voters" from Bonaire, own a biz there, run tours there etc? Oh, wait, you really don't know that, right? So, we realloy don't know how accurate that is, right?

Did I say that, Steve? Of course not. You need to reread my post, take your time, and maybe, just maybe, you'll finally understand what is being said? According to you, truth is what YOU interpret it as.:shakehead:

This, from you? Now that is irony! :D

The funny thing is he has not said a word about the other thread about Curacao thrift??? Me thinks it is just Bonaire? Me wonders what his interest is or my lie?

Are these "voters" from Bonaire, own a biz there, run tours there etc? Oh, wait, you really don't know that, right? So, we realloy don't know how accurate that is, right?

Truth be told PF, I voted. The fact that I own rental property on Bonaire which is clearly stated in all my postings and is available for all to see indicates no attempt on my part to conceal a "hidden agenda".. As someone who has been visiting Bonaire for some 25 years, please don't doubt the veracity of my input. I am honest and "up front" with folks. If you have personally had a bad experience on the island which provides the impetus for your numerous postings about Bonaire, perhaps you can inform us of that also.

PF, it has been asked a couple of times now, so perhaps you could bless us with an answer. How many times have you visited the island, and on haw many of those trips did you suffer a petty crime yourself?

oh yeah, not a hint of self service in your input. Totally unbiased, right?:rofl3::rofl3:

Truth be told PF, I voted. The fact that I own rental property on Bonaire which is clearly stated in all my postings and is available for all to see indicates no attempt on my part to conceal a "hidden agenda".. As someone who has been visiting Bonaire for some 25 years, please don't doubt the veracity of my input. I am honest and "up front" with folks. If you have personally had a bad experience on the island which provides the impetus for your numerous postings about Bonaire, perhaps you can inform us of that also.

Back
Top Bottom