Is there a theft risk at Buddy Dive???

Have you yourself been a victim of theft on Bonaire?

• Never in 1 - 3 visits

Votes: 59 46.8%
  • Never in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Never in 7 - 10 visits

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Never in more than 10 visits

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Yes. once in one visit

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Yes. once in 2 - 3 visits

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Yes. once in 4 - 6 visits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. once in 7-10 visits

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes. once in more than 10 visits

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yes. more than once on a single visit

• Yes. more than once on 2 - 10 visits

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes. more than once in over 10 visits

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just received this:

Bonaire named top dive destination by SCUBA DIVING magazine readers

It seems Bonaire has won this honor for the eighth consecutive year. It also won #1 in six other areas.

So, it seems, contrary to the relentless postings by a few nay-sayers who seem to have their own agenda, the MAJORITY of Scuba Diving readers think the diving is worth the minimal risk, which has easy to follow mitigation factors if you just use common sense and are willing to conform to island standards.

I hope you are not looking for too much of an adventure Adaveke, because the most you're likely to experience is driving some of the roads to the northern most dive sites, or those in the National Park, or diving on east (wild) side. :wink:

The "shortcut" back from Karpata to town used to be an adventure, but with the installation of buried cables over the last year or so, they have widened the road, and taken a lot of the "challenges" out, although you can still bottom out at the bottom of the concrete "ramp" if you're going too fast :shocked2:

I realize this is quite a bit off topic from the OP question, and, if there are still questions and answers to be exchanged, it might be better to open a new topic on the overall safety of Bonaire.

Regarding Buddy Dive, I only have hearsay info, which I will not repeat since I have no direct knowledge, but recognize that it is one of the largest resorts on Bonaire. Inherent with that are lots of divers in a relatively confined area, and lots of hired help to maintain and house-keep the resort, which increases the opportunity for theft. How much? I can't honestly say. I personally stay at much smaller resorts, where I don't have so far to walk from my truck to my room, or to the dock/beach or to the tanks, or whatever. Those places tend to have less hired help to manage, along with a more intimate group of guests who tend to get to know one another.

Prospective visitors to Bonaire,[ especially divers contemplating doing shores dives from a rental vehicle ] you've read the thread and you heard from both sides. You can now make a well informed decision, based on what you've read in this thread, which was my goal - allow you to be better informed as to what to expect. Whether you think the risk is worth it is up to you, not the people that have a vested interest in Bonaire because they own rental property there or car agents or travel agents, or even me. You weigh it and decide. At least now you have a fuller, more honest evaluation.

Prospective visitors to Bonaire,[ especially divers contemplating doing shores dives from a rental vehicle ] you've read the thread and you heard from both sides. You can now make a well informed decision, based on what you've read in this thread, which was my goal - allow you to be better informed as to what to expect. Whether you think the risk is worth it is up to you, not the people that have a vested interest in Bonaire because they own rental property there or car agents or travel agents, or even me. You weigh it and decide. At least now you have a fuller, more honest evaluation.
so with that statement, are you agreeing to end the discussion on this thread?

Maybe something like this? What do you say Scotttyd?
600_DSC00757_Tony_Three_Monkeys_BIBR_07.jpg

Maybe something like this? What do you say Scotttyd?
600_DSC00757_Tony_Three_Monkeys_BIBR_07.jpg

Never let a monkey take your beer!!!

Is that from Roatan as well? One of them stole a diet coke from a lady in our group, funny as hell

I just received this:

Bonaire named top dive destination by SCUBA DIVING magazine readers

It seems Bonaire has won this honor for the eighth consecutive year. It also won #1 in six other areas.

So, it seems, contrary to the relentless postings by a few nay-sayers who seem to have their own agenda, the MAJORITY of Scuba Diving readers think the diving is worth the minimal risk, which has easy to follow mitigation factors if you just use common sense and are willing to conform to island standards.

Have you ever seen ANY negative reviews in SCUBA DIVING magazine? The worst negative they print of anything is that the "food service is too slow". Consumer Reports it ain't - they'll never risk biting the hand that feeds them.

Have you ever seen ANY negative reviews in SCUBA DIVING magazine? The worst negative they print of anything is that the "food service is too slow". Consumer Reports it ain't - they'll never risk biting the hand that feeds them.

VERY true. But SB with its threads of theft reports is not Consumer Reports either. It is just as far away as the magazine. People are spewing on about the theft threads but nobody is going and counting the number of positive reports out there and the number of positive reports that never get posted. No matter what, we do not have what it takes to provide real information. All any of us can (and HAVE) done is provide the readers with REAL OPINIONS. As Pilot Fish said, we have educated the reader on both sides' opinions

Back
Top Bottom