Is leisurepro.com the best place to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just keep buying from internet stores. Eventually you'll be buying your own air compressor :)

Kestrell:
With all due respect, when the LDS closes its doors, another one with a better, more modern business model will replace it. It will sell you gear more cheaply, provide better service, and maybe even offer free air fills.

Sometimes that happens, sometimes you end up without a dive shop. Our shop has survived while 4 others have closed. No new shops took their place.

If selling gear cheaply is your main concern then yes, go to the internet. You'll get cheap for sure.

compressor:
With all due respect I think you need to watch what you say. Others have responded to you already. In my town there is only 2 dive shops. If they go out of business where can I get air? Fire department? How about other services?
Your point is not valid and you are rude by using foul language.

My point is very valid, and I was not being rude or using foul language. I was being truthful, and if you can't see that, it's you that has the problem, not me. You're repeating an old, worn out, and invalid argument, and it just won't wash. If you don't like these responses, quit posting the drivel.

This is an ANCIENT arguement and both sides have VALID points. I would submitt to ALL, that money is HARD EARNED and to just throw it out the window cuz you need to keep the LDS doors open is the wrong way to go about it. LDS that are INVOLVED with their customers, not just a AIR STATION with high priced gear, providing trips,clubs,news letter, web sites etc., they will do just fine. However those who IGNORE todays internet wise divers are doomed to fail. Scuba is an expensive sport ,hobby or lifestyle depending on your viewpoint, but 1 thing is common to all of us. MONEY DOES NOT GROW ON TREES and shops that remember this will survive. GOOD SERVICE will get return customers. GOOD DEALS will get repeat business. GOOD ADVISE is worth a little more. Competetive and active shops will do just fine, but you cannot open a shop and provide only AIR and 1 viewpoint. There are many shops that prove this point, doing just fine against the Leisure pros of the world. Having a local shop to count on is GREAT, but I refuse to feel the need to support every shop that opens in the area. Anyone can be an AIR STATION, it take involvement to be a LDS.
Just my 2 cents.

Firefyter:
My point is very valid, and I was not being rude or using foul language. I was being truthful, and if you can't see that, it's you that has the problem, not me. You're repeating an old, worn out, and invalid argument, and it just won't wash. If you don't like these responses, quit posting the drivel.

You called the argument "BS." If that is not foul language I don't know what is?
I have no other comment.

Al Mialkovsky:
Just keep buying from internet stores. Eventually you'll be buying your own air compressor :)

Exactly my point. Thank you for voicing your opinion.

cardzard:
This is an ANCIENT arguement and both sides have VALID points. I would submitt to ALL, that money is HARD EARNED and to just throw it out the window cuz you need to keep the LDS doors open is the wrong way to go about it. LDS that are INVOLVED with their customers, not just a AIR STATION with high priced gear, providing trips,clubs,news letter, web sites etc., they will do just fine. However those who IGNORE todays internet wise divers are doomed to fail. Scuba is an expensive sport ,hobby or lifestyle depending on your viewpoint, but 1 thing is common to all of us. MONEY DOES NOT GROW ON TREES and shops that remember this will survive. GOOD SERVICE will get return customers. GOOD DEALS will get repeat business. GOOD ADVISE is worth a little more. Competetive and active shops will do just fine, but you cannot open a shop and provide only AIR and 1 viewpoint. There are many shops that prove this point, doing just fine against the Leisure pros of the world. Having a local shop to count on is GREAT, but I refuse to feel the need to support every shop that opens in the area. Anyone can be an AIR STATION, it take involvement to be a LDS.
Just my 2 cents.

Well done and agreed.

Firefyter:
Point being, dive shops are NOT the only place to get air.

They are in our area. No quarries here and the fire departments can't/won't fill your tanks unless your member of their dept for insurance reasons.

Around here, you have a choice for air. Go to a LDS (if one still exists) or set up your own air station. So, in our area, taking the air & services provided by an LDS for granted is shortsighted unless of course you have the means and desire to set up your own air station.

I would have to say that I will stick with another firefighter. If you are buying crap from your LDS just so that you can get air, you are doing it for the wrong reason. While I wouldn't go straight online for everything, I would at least see what they have to offer, and yes this has been discussed time and time again. The LDS has to stay competetive. Otherwise they will know that you are coming so that you can just get air and they will take advantage of you. The LDS doesn't control everything, they are just a powerful influence.
BS in now a swearword? How old are we here? Recess is over go back to class.

Back
Top Bottom