Is leisurepro.com the best place to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidr:
You didn't give them much of a chance as they close early Friday's and you posted this on Sunday, just call them I'm sure it probably was a return from another customer that they just didn't inspect good enough.

Abe

Well, I didn't mean to imply that they were not going to resolve the issue... just that it hadn't been resolved at the time I posted. Since then, they have sent me a return label and I'm sure they will credit back my card as soon as they receive the fins, which I mailed out yesterday. I do intend to do buy more stuff from them... it's hard to resist their prices!

Louise

Okay, I'm going to vote for "anyone but Leisure Pro" at this point. It has been one thing after another with this situation and four weeks after I ordered the fins, it is still unresolved.

First they send me used merchandise. I understand mistakes happen so I give them the benefit of the doubt. They sent me a label and I sent the fins back via UPS.

But then they leave for a week so no one is there to receive the fins. I wrote them and explained to them that I needed fins plus some other stuff for a dive trip in a couple of weeks and that I needed them to promptly credit my account when they returned so I could place a new order. Further, I called them the following Monday and told them that I wanted either a refund or a credit and as soon as that happened, I would be placing a new order but that I needed my merchandise ASAP.

Two days later I get an email from them stating that they have received my fins and will be sending out my new fins. I immediately wrote them and said that I didn't want those fins any more and that I wanted a refund or a credit. They wrote back and said it was "too late", since the package had already gone out.

I wrote them back and told them, again, what my situation was and asked for them to respond with a single point of contact so that I could try to get this resolved. That was yesterday and they have not seen fit to reply to that, except the automatically generated email I got last night stating my order had just been shipped.

I feel like I have gone over the top trying to be patient and to work with these people. I really wanted them to work out because of their prices but at some point, I have to put a price on my sanity (what little I claim to have) too.

So there is my two cents worth (and then some).

Louise

I bought some products from LP, but it was not main gear. Based on my shopping experience, the shops based on NY area are notorious for a horrible customer service.
I am not sure if it is a nature of NY shop. You know, IT IS NY shop. Money is only matter to the shop in NY. If you try to buy sometiing including any electronic products, just wish your luck with the cheapest offered price.

Sure, I still buy some product from NY based shop because nobody can't beat their price. But, I always pray for immaculate transaction.

Why don't you try other shop that is willing to match the price with LP?

Safe dive!

aaronlinder:
Not that this will change anyone's mind or necessarily should, but I just callled Aqualung and Scubapro, and they confirmed that dealers are only authorized to give a 10% discount on their products. If a dealer goes to a higher level discount the warranty is null and void. This policy is of course depends on the company. I only called two of them.

I would call this price fixing, and if so, isn't that illegal?

Good Luck buying air from Leisurepro when your local dive shop closes.
If the LDS does not rape you price wise, support them.

compressor:

This is a BS argument that has been rode into the ground. If your LDS can't compete, they need to change their business model. There will always be somewhere to get air. There's not an LDS in my town, so I fill mine and others at the station, plus the local quarries have compressors as well. Point being, dive shops are NOT the only place to get air.

No, I don't think so. The LDS isn't a NPO (non-profit organization). They are doing business like any other retail shops. They are doing business for their living. If you find the LDS that doesn't have any business mind, then buy everything from them. It must be cheap and you never get the better price from elsewhere. But, in real world, it is not easy to meet such kind of LDS. Why do you think that your LDS offers the diving class? Some LDS used to say that they can’t make any profits from the class. I am not sure if it is true or not. At least, it is not true to my LDS in Indiana based on my experience. I think I can be a rich man soon if I can do the business in the same way. Most LDS expects that students can be a potential buyers for their shop. So, student used to get the pressure or tempted by the instructor (mostly loyalty) or shop owner. I am not sure if there is some commission for instructor after studnet's buying the stuff after the class.

My point is that some people above DM status used to express too much loyalty to their LDS in the wrong way.

Come on please!

In my perspectives, it is just flattery, sycophancy, adulation, and toadyism rather than loyalty. If then, why does DM have to do? For what?

1. Get additional 10% discount compared to the diving class students.
2. Get hired and make some extra money while you are diving with newbies.
3. Get a free air, dive, and add up your log numbers to show up to others.
4. Get loafing around LDS because you can’t find any other place in your place
5. Get ready to take exam and passed with a favor for DM training.
6. Get a free trip when LDS goes out somewhere with their trip customers.

If you get the discount, don’t think that your LDS try to make up from other customers like OW, AOW, or Rescue class students? So, you are happy about that because it isn’t your money.

Don’t you know that more than 90 % of divers are interested in professional diving status? If then, the Scuba market should be oriented for non-professional diving population. Hey, if you don't have non-professional student, what is meansing of DM and Instructor?

Do you think that such kind of weird chain-relationship (called loyalty) is good for the diving world and market in the long run? Whenever I observed that scene, I am getting sick of it.

If you become a free rider for the trip, do you think who is going to pay for your share? That must be your group members. Are you proud of yourself?

If you aren’t a retard or dolt on the internet, you can easily find out the market price for the equipment.

Bing Go! You already proved that you aren’t a dumb by using this board. You know how to suft internet.

Do you think that there is only couple of dollar disparity between LDSs and between LDSs and internet shop? I find $350 difference in White dry suit and $150 difference in SP wetsuit in my area. If you don’t care that much money, you don’t need to butter up your local shop at first. You just get trained what you paid for and buy or pay for the equipment.

It is really old and stupid way to support for your LDS with the loyalty. Eventually, it ruins your LDS and scuba world. If you really support for your LDS, you should let them know how market is changed. They should provide better price and service to survive in business. If you don’t know what I am talking about, look at the “Scubatoy.” It is one of good examples in this board.

What do you try to say? You don't drink a coffee at Starbucks becuase you have to protect a local coffee shop. You don't buy anything from Circuit city and Bestbuy becuase you have to use a small local electronic shop. Please we are not AMISH people.

Safe Dive

hoosier

compressor:

Firefyter:
This is a BS argument that has been rode into the ground. If your LDS can't compete, they need to change their business model. There will always be somewhere to get air. There's not an LDS in my town, so I fill mine and others at the station, plus the local quarries have compressors as well. Point being, dive shops are NOT the only place to get air.

With all due respect I think you need to watch what you say. Others have responded to you already. In my town there is only 2 dive shops. If they go out of business where can I get air? Fire department? How about other services?
Your point is not valid and you are rude by using foul language.

hoosier:
No, I don't think so. The LDS isn't a NPO (non-profit organization). They are doing business like any other retail shops. They are doing business for their living. If you find the LDS that doesn't have any business mind, then buy everything from them. It must be cheap and you never get the better price from elsewhere. But, in real world, it is not easy to meet such kind of LDS. Why do you think that your LDS offers the diving class? Some LDS used to say that they can’t make any profits from the class. I am not sure if it is true or not. At least, it is not true to my LDS in Indiana based on my experience. I think I can be a rich man soon if I can do the business in the same way. Most LDS expects that students can be a potential buyers for their shop. So, student used to get the pressure or tempted by the instructor (mostly loyalty) or shop owner. I am not sure if there is some commission for instructor after studnet's buying the stuff after the class.

My point is that some people above DM status used to express too much loyalty to their LDS in the wrong way.

Come on please!

In my perspectives, it is just flattery, sycophancy, adulation, and toadyism rather than loyalty. If then, why does DM have to do? For what?

1. Get additional 10% discount compared to the diving class students.
2. Get hired and make some extra money while you are diving with newbies.
3. Get a free air, dive, and add up your log numbers to show up to others.
4. Get loafing around LDS because you can’t find any other place in your place
5. Get ready to take exam and passed with a favor for DM training.
6. Get a free trip when LDS goes out somewhere with their trip customers.

If you get the discount, don’t think that your LDS try to make up from other customers like OW, AOW, or Rescue class students? So, you are happy about that because it isn’t your money.

Don’t you know that more than 90 % of divers are interested in professional diving status? If then, the Scuba market should be oriented for non-professional diving population. Hey, if you don't have non-professional student, what is meansing of DM and Instructor?

Do you think that such kind of weird chain-relationship (called loyalty) is good for the diving world and market in the long run? Whenever I observed that scene, I am getting sick of it.

If you become a free rider for the trip, do you think who is going to pay for your share? That must be your group members. Are you proud of yourself?

If you aren’t a retard or dolt on the internet, you can easily find out the market price for the equipment.

Bing Go! You already proved that you aren’t a dumb by using this board. You know how to suft internet.

Do you think that there is only couple of dollar disparity between LDSs and between LDSs and internet shop? I find $350 difference in White dry suit and $150 difference in SP wetsuit in my area. If you don’t care that much money, you don’t need to butter up your local shop at first. You just get trained what you paid for and buy or pay for the equipment.

It is really old and stupid way to support for your LDS with the loyalty. Eventually, it ruins your LDS and scuba world. If you really support for your LDS, you should let them know how market is changed. They should provide better price and service to survive in business. If you don’t know what I am talking about, look at the “Scubatoy.” It is one of good examples in this board.

What do you try to say? You don't drink a coffee at Starbucks becuase you have to protect a local coffee shop. You don't buy anything from Circuit city and Bestbuy becuase you have to use a small local electronic shop. Please we are not AMISH people.

Safe Dive

hoosier

Your arguments have some merit. I am stating something simple. IF there is no diveshop in town where does not get their air. It does not mean that one needs to get raped by the LDS pricewise. If there are reasonable support them otherwise go to an alternate place.

Al Mialkovsky:
Just remember if the local dive shop closes it's doors because they can't compete with internet places, that may or may not have warrantys then are those internet shops going to fill your tanks for you?

With all due respect, when the LDS closes its doors, another one with a better, more modern business model will replace it. It will sell you gear more cheaply, provide better service, and maybe even offer free air fills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom