Best Online Place to Buy ScubaPro G260?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some people wrap the hose spline with leather and use pliers to take off the proprietary hose. I used Just-A-Wrench but some multi tools have a scubapro wrench built in. See image:

Attachments

• Keenso tool.jpeg
    Keenso tool.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 19
you don't need the tool unless you wanna open the reg itself then

in extreme adhesion cases (let's try and avoid them) after ysars unrinsed and so on; it might come in handy on the jam nut to work against a generic 14/15 cresent wrench

I would say nice to have anyway; but go for the 20$ one you don't need more (it has a normal 22 hex on the other side, maybe helps with something else🤷🏽‍♀️)
your call
I ordered the tool anyway. I need to find out how to get certified to service these regs.

I ordered the tool anyway. I need to find out how to get certified to service these regs.
Nice, and in the words of @James79, madness lies ahead (lots of fun and obsession)

I would suggest watching the series (1 to 4) regulator geeks by @rsingler on YouTube; very educational to understand a lot of concepts on both 1st and 2nd stages; it got me started

Also reach out to him to sign up for the list for his reg tech class — a ton of knowledge and practice
It did me wonders

Check out the books “Regulator Savvy” by the late Pete Wolfinger and “Scuba regulator maintenance and repair” by Vance Harlow of you have time to dig into heavy theory

Also the boards here are amazing resources, I have learned a lot and refined a lot by scrolling around or just searching/posting for my questions (still do with every thread)

Bonus:
below...

Tools used on this project came to about $120, but could be done with less.
  • slotted orifice driver $21
  • brass oring picks $10
  • orifice extractor tool $6
  • small flathead screwdriver $3
  • needle nose pliers $5
  • aluminum scubapro multitool $41
  • hex wrench set $10
  • magnehelic with DIY mouthpiece $20
View attachment 528615 View attachment 528616

Not long after getting dive certified in the late 90s, I bought a new set of regulators. During an annual service, the shop made incorrect statements about why the regulator was having issues. This was frustrating for me, for the simple reason that I knew the use history of my regulators better than the person servicing them. At that time I had no idea how the regulators worked, and so bit my tongue and decided to find another way to deal with servicing.

Scubaboard was a new resource at that time, I started reading posts about DIY regulator servicing and purchased Scuba Maintenance & Repair and Regulator Savvy. With that information in hand, I purchased a used Scubapro MK10/109 off ebay and learned how to service it. I began collecting service manuals and diagrams, and looking for tool and parts sources. It has progressed into a rewarding addiction, I'm always looking for unique and unusual regulators to service and dive.
check these 2 posts out

One more tip — look for a cheap beater set on ebay to learn on instead of risking you new trusty(expensive) regs, but be careful not to be too attached as the ones I picked became an obsession that I have collected 10+ of (mk10&g250) and love them more than my “main” mk19/g260s

Heck, how about a Halcyon Halo? Same as a Scuba Pro G250-V. I have one and am very happy with it. Also probably cheaper Scubadelphia has them on sale for $269.50!

Yes, but they took a nice rebadged SP G250V and then beat it to death with the ugly stick. Good news you can still get G250V face plate assys and pretty it up again. The halo IMO, first iteration was a slight improvement over the wonderful G250V. YMMV.

is that even allowed? I know SP prevent all their dealers to ship SP products to other reigons -- I always get that warning on all online stores that are not in the country I am viewing from (happened to me in quite a few combos)

Many will still ship, you just need the right approach😉

Many will still ship, you just need the right approach😉
Italy is a short drive — haven’t seen any advantage in my case since prices are ok in the EU
Rarer/NOS/NLA parts, well that’s another story — I know whom to ask ☝️ 😉🙏🏽

So the scubatools tool is nice. Just got it. It had to be a half inch thick and looks great for the price. Havent used it yet but I assume all the points will line up fine.

So the scubatools tool is nice. Just got it. It had to be a half inch thick and looks great for the price. Havent used it yet but I assume all the points will line up fine.

What tool is that please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom