Is leisurepro.com the best place to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Fact: I called Leisure-Pro and asked if they were an authorized dealer for any of the products they sold, the response was "Yes" and they gave me the names of the product lines for which the are an authorized distributor; therefore your statement that Leisure-Pro is not an authorized distributor is false."]]]kraken

This is not fact but hearsay. "They told you" hardly rises to the level of proof. What mfg did they say they were authorzed by?

I think you are a very nice person and believe what you are told, my post notwithstanding, but I think you need to check this out a bit further.

Safe diving

Out of curiosity, I decided to see if LP was indeed an authorized dealer. I chose the first couple of regulators off of their list: Cressi-sub, Atomic Aquatics, and Genesis(Dacor's site is down right now). None of the above listed LP as a dealer.

Creed:
Out of curiosity, I decided to see if LP was indeed an authorized dealer. I chose the first couple of regulators off of their list: Cressi-sub, Atomic Aquatics, and Genesis(Dacor's site is down right now). None of the above listed LP as a dealer.

Thank you Creed. I actually called SccubaPro and Oceanic and spoke to their rep and was told they were not an authorized dealer. I feel it is my responsibility as a fellow diver to warn other divers that they should, at the very least, call the manufacturer BEFORE they buy any life support gear from them. I have a dear friend that just bought a wetsuit from them and I did not warn her against it, since it was NOT a piece of life support gear. She saved $35 and that was good . If it rips, as my two did, she will not be able to have it serviced by Henderson free of charge, as I was able to do, but that is not that big of a deal since it is just a wetsuit. But, big but, try getting a dive puter, BC, or reg you purchased from them serviced by the mfg and you will be shocked at what you will be charged, as opposed to free replacement if it fails as my Oceanic puter did and was replaced with a *new* one in about 10 days.

All I ask is that you call, whatever gear manufacturer of gear you have, bc, reg, puter, and tell us what they say? That seems simple enough? If you are going to buy any life support gear, call before you buy. That is a must.

One last thing, this is important, ScubaToys, also sells dive gear on the Internet, has divers and instructors on staff and is part of the dive community, LEISUREPRO DOES/IS NOT. NOT NOT NOT!!!

you guys crack me up.

question. would you rather buy used from buddy with no warranty. or buy NEW from LP when at least they will warranty the product themselves. ?? I'll take the new and just forget about the warranty.

GOAT:
question. would you rather buy used from buddy with no warranty. or buy NEW from LP when at least they will warranty the product themselves. ?? I'll take the new and just forget about the warranty.
I'd take new from an authorized dealer that price matches LP and still has a mfg warranty, but it doesn't bother me if someone else is willing to roll the dice with LP and their in-house warranty.

StSomewhere:
I'd take new from an authorized dealer that price matches LP and still has a mfg warranty, but it doesn't bother me if someone else is willing to roll the dice with LP and their in-house warranty.

I have a few questions. Since Leisure Pro is not an authorized dealers of Oceanic, ScubaPro and Cressi, to name a few, how do they know how to repair those pieces of equipment? Who trained them?They could not have been trained by the personnel from those companies since they are not authorized, so how do they know? What kind of parts do they use to service the gear they sell, since they cannot get parts from the manufactuer? You would trust that type of repair? Who wants to throw caution to the wind like that?

teknitroxdiver:
You don't have to be a dealer to be trained to do maintenance.

Well, yeah, that's true, but we are talking about repair, not maintenance. You need to be, should be, trained by the people that manufactured the gear. If you are not authorized by the mfg, you don't get all the updates, replacement parts ,etc. If the manufacturer does not want you selling their gear, or will give you authorizatin to do repairs, how can you have any faith in the work they do?

good points pilot fish, but i place my faith in the manufactures and not the retailer. If i were to buy a reg from LP (which i won't) and it brakes, then I'll see what they (LP) can do and how much hastle it's going to be. If it's too much hassle i would drive to my nearest LDS and ask them to fix it.

Just my thought process about the whole thing: BUY the PRODUCT and not the Store.

Don't get me wrong, service is GREAT. But if i can get a reg that is twice as good as a cheap one for the same price.... well.... I'll take the better product and worry about the service latter.

But people probably shouldn't listen to me or any advice that I give :p

I've used LP for a few of my purchases. Sometimes they have the best deal, sometimes with some good online research I can find something that beats them. I do however make sure I get all thier catologs. I dont have an LDS so any purchase I make has to be from the internet or when on vaction. Never had a problem at all with LP. If I find the best deal at LP, they get my buisness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom