Is leisurepro.com the best place to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

osujamesc:
Just out of curiosity, do shops like ScubaToys and LeisurePro have the same great prices in their stores as they do online?

Actually, we really should not be grouped together... We are a totally different type of organization. I own the shop and am a course director, about half the guys are instructors, we all dive. We have an indoor heated pool, compressor, do training etc. And yes, you can walk into our store, touch, feel, try stuff on, then buy at the same pricing. We have a lot of items in the store that we don't have on line like Atomic Regs, ScubaPro equipment, etc. Then after getting what you want, you can hop in our pool to get comfortable with your new gear.

If you haven't checked it out yet, check out our Webcam and you can look around the store, check out our wall of BC,s the pool, wetsuits, etc - all live... And if you are close enough to stop on by, please come see the shop, and yes... same pricing.

In fact, I've had people when doing layovers in Dallas for a few hours, or a day or so on business, come visit from all over the world. Denmark, Finland, Australia, England, and even as far away as Ohio! :11:

scubatoys:
In fact, I've had people when doing layovers in Dallas for a few hours, or a day or so on business, come visit from all over the world. Denmark, Finland, Australia, England, and even as far away as Ohio! :11:
It was -10° F here in Iowa last night. A one-day layover in Dallas is sounding mighty good (read: warm) right about now... :wink:

scubatoys:
Actually, we really should not be grouped together... We are a totally different type of organization. I own the shop and am a course director, about half the guys are instructors, we all dive. We have an indoor heated pool, compressor, do training etc. And yes, you can walk into our store, touch, feel, try stuff on, then buy at the same pricing. We have a lot of items in the store that we don't have on line like Atomic Regs, ScubaPro equipment, etc. Then after getting what you want, you can hop in our pool to get comfortable with your new gear.

If you haven't checked it out yet, check out our Webcam and you can look around the store, check out our wall of BC,s the pool, wetsuits, etc - all live... And if you are close enough to stop on by, please come see the shop, and yes... same pricing.

Yes he actually has a storefront. I went with a friend to Scubatoys a couple years ago. I walked in the door and what struck me was all the great stuff he had! The second thing that struck me was...well........ my friend struck the back of my head because i was salivating all over the floor. So I went up to "Laaaaarrrrryyyyy" and told this guy that "I'm not falling for any of your sales pitch crap".........so we commenced to buying several hundred dollars worth of gear (boy, did we show him <giggle, snicker>). After cleaning up my mess, we left very pleased.

Sorry about the floor Larry.

freediver:
Yes he actually has a storefront. I went with a friend to Scubatoys a couple years ago.

Have you been in since we moved?? If it's been a couple years... probably not. The old place was 3500 square feet. Now we're a bit over 10,000 square feet, and I just bought the land next door so we had room for another upcoming expansion. Stop on by the new place if you haven't been there since the old shop... you won't believe the difference!

Leisure Pro do not have any divers on their staff. They are merchants and NOT part of the dive community. They are not divers. You buy regs, puters and BC's at your own peril -NO MFG WARRANTY. Your choice.

Pilot Fish, please remember that Leisure-Pro is an authorized dealer for some scuba equipment. Please don't make such a false statement.

I personally called them and asked them if they were an authorized dealer for any manufacturer and they gave me the names.

Will I share this information, no, please call and find out for yourself.

Oh, and are you saying that among all of the people employed by Leisure-Pro not a single one is a diver? Didn't know you had access to the personnel records.

The Kraken:
Pilot Fish, please remember that Leisure-Pro is an authorized dealer for some scuba equipment. Please don't make such a false statement.

I personally called them and asked them if they were an authorized dealer for any manufacturer and they gave me the names.

Will I share this information, no, please call and find out for yourself.

Oh, and are you saying that among all of the people employed by Leisure-Pro not a single one is a diver? Didn't know you had access to the personnel records.

Kraken, if you like buying dive gear from them, for whatever reason, then fine. If it doesn't bother you that they are not part of the dive community, it should, then fine. That doesn't do it for me. Have you EVER been to their shop in NY? I have and can tell you, no divers among any of the sales people. When asked if they were divers the guy said ,yes, but when asked to show a dive card he admited he did not dive. When asked if any of the other guys answering phones were certified divers he smiled and said, not exactly. You can draw your own conclusions.

The few dive shops I spoke to told me they were NOT an authorized dealer. I called ScubaPro and Oceanic and they told me they were NOT authorized dealers. You draw your own conclusions.

scubatoys:
Have you been in since we moved?? If it's been a couple years... probably not. The old place was 3500 square feet. Now we're a bit over 10,000 square feet, and I just bought the land next door so we had room for another upcoming expansion.

congrats! thats what you call economies of scale :wink:

I'm not drawing conclusions or speculating.

Fact: I called Leisure-Pro and asked if they were an authorized dealer for any of the products they sold, the response was "Yes" and they gave me the names of the product lines for which the are an authorized distributor; therefore your statement that Leisure-Pro is not an authorized distributor is false.

Have you done a thorough search through the personnel files of all of the employess of Leisure-Pro and established the FACT that none are divers?

The problem I have is that you are making generalizations as statement of fact, when, indeed, that is not the case.

You and and I have never dived. You have never seen my c-cards, based on that you could say that I am not a diver, which in FACT, would be a lie.

Now, had you stated that Leisure-Pro is not an authorized distributor for SOME OF THE PRODUCTS that they sell, and that the people WITH WHOM YOU HAD COMMUNICATED were not divers, then I wouldn't have an issue with your post.

But to make an all inclusive statement that Leisure-Pro is NOT an authorized distributor for ANY scuba product and that NONE of its employees is a diver is just absolutely foundless and without merit.

If you have had issues with L-P and are not happy with them, that's fine. Just please don't make false statements about Leisure-Pro or any other business.

The Kraken:
I'm not drawing conclusions or speculating.

Fact: I called Leisure-Pro and asked if they were an authorized dealer for any of the products they sold, the response was "Yes" and they gave me the names of the product lines for which the are an authorized distributor; therefore your statement that Leisure-Pro is not an authorized distributor is false.

Have you done a thorough search through the personnel files of all of the employess of Leisure-Pro and established the FACT that none are divers?

The problem I have is that you are making generalizations as statement of fact, when, indeed, that is not the case.

You and and I have never dived. You have never seen my c-cards, based on that you could say that I am not a diver, which in FACT, would be a lie.

Now, had you stated that Leisure-Pro is not an authorized distributor for SOME OF THE PRODUCTS that they sell, and that the people WITH WHOM YOU HAD COMMUNICATED were not divers, then I wouldn't have an issue with your post.

But to make an all inclusive statement that Leisure-Pro is NOT an authorized distributor for ANY scuba product and that NONE of its employees is a diver is just absolutely foundless and without merit.

If you have had issues with L-P and are not happy with them, that's fine. Just please don't make false statements about Leisure-Pro or any other business.

I know you are a diver since you can tell me where you dove, they could not, and how some of the gear you use works at depth, they could not tell me from PERSONAL experience. I can tell you know diving in a conversation with you. I feel confident you know the basic rules and precautions about diving. I do not get that feeling in talking to them, when I visited their small shop. If a person is a lawyer they could tell real fast if a person pretending to be a lawyer was in fact an attorney. Ditto diving.

Now, if you want to buy a dive whistle, dive knife or dive sauage, even dive shampoo and Sink the Stink, Im sure that is not a problem. But, Kraken, if you want to buy life support equipement, like a dive computer, BC, or reg, you'd better call the mfg first to see if they are an authorized dealer. I did that and was told they were not. I also asked several dive shops and was told they are not. i went a few steps further and called two Dive Mfg and was told they were NOT authroized to sell any of their products. If you know differently I'd love to hear the list they gave you?

Again, Kraken, have you ever had a a face to face experience at LP? I have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom