Instead of the Mk2, how about these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Y'all really aren't helping me make a decision.
Since tje SP would probably need servicing when I got it and the Atomic will be goid to go the cost will be about the same.
That being the case I will probably get the Atomic and just deal with the R195 complicating things a little. Later on I can always swap the octo out to an Atomic anyway and I should have a regulator tjat will ladt the test of my diving life.

Since tje SP would probably need servicing when I got it and the Atomic will be goid to go the cost will be about the same.
That being the case I will probably get the Atomic and just deal with the R195 complicating things a little. Later on I can always swap the octo out to an Atomic anyway and I should have a regulator tjat will ladt the test of my diving life.
You have to make your own decisions, get used to it :)

Yeah, I know. My problem is these 2 regulator setups are so similar it's hard to choose between then. No matter which I do choose I will have a good setup so I really can't make a wrong decision.

the scubapro may well not need service depending on the last time it was serviced and it's use history. The only real advantage the SP has is the swivel turret which is nice to have, but not necessary.

One other small consideration is the 2nd stage swivel on the B2. It takes away a lot of the hose pull you may get with other brands. That can usually be solved by hose routing and the port selected but I really like mine. I've come really close once or twice to having it drop out of my mouth - almost forgetting it's there.

I wouldn't change the octo as long as you find a shop that can do both. Neither brand seems to be going anywhere.
My buddy had a cheap Mares octo on his Atomic reg for years till he switched to an SS1.

B2 has a swivel turret as well.

Due to the seat saver orifice, don't submerge both Atomic stages simultaneously when rinsing (if not under pressure) as the design can allow water to seep back up the hose into the 1st stage. If you forget, hook it to a tank and purge some air thru it to dry it.

Rinsing is not an issue. If soaking both at the same time, just make sure to keep the hose between them higher than the stages (like an 'n').

The chances of water migrating all the way up the hose back into the first stage is pretty minimal. Even if it does, a little freshwater won't really hurt anything.

Rinsing is not an issue. If soaking both at the same time, just make sure to keep the hose between them higher than the stages (like an 'n').

That's what I do also. I often find the fill valve on the rinse tank works pretty well to drape the reg over - often it's about the right height.

You refer to your sink as a "rinse tank?" =p
(hopefully you don't mean the other tank in the bathroom...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom