Instead of the Mk2, how about these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That Atomic sold before I could buy it.
The Mk25 is still there- for now at least. He also has an Atomic Z2.

The Atomics are built the same up and down the line - just a few variations in materials and features so all have similar performance. The Z2 or Z3 is a really good regulator. The first stage will have fixed ports but I believe you can get a swivel turret if desired. The Z3 includes a second stage swivel as well.

If you really want the B2 look on Ebay and have Atomic service it to like new condition. But the performance between the Z and B lines is minimal.

I'd probably still get the atomics. For single tank diving you don't need the swivel, and you definitely don't want Atomics swivel on the second stage because of how idiotically expensive it is.

Tbone, I am thinking hard about that. I have a few options and I will consider them all.
I am taking the Oceanic regs to the shop I bought them from this afternoon. The owner/tech wants to look at them. His wife said he is very concerned that he missed it- he was behind when I bought them and had several to rebuild. What they decide to do to make it right will determine what I do.

Z2 is a good reg. Standard they were sold in a 2HP/7LP configuration - at one time a 5port LP turret swivel was an option. A new Z2 is $439 for purposes of determining a fair used price.It probably doesn't have a 2nd stage swivel and the swivel hose from Atomic is $100. What is he asking for it?

It breathes the same - all the Atomic line does. the Z line uses Zirconium as a plating material over Brass. Atomic claims the same corrosion resistance at a lower price point.

It will have a Titanium demand lever in the 2nd - I think almost the entire line does. Same 2nd stage Seat Saver, also has Automatic Flow Control. it's a few ounces heavier than the others so since they don't use exotic materials to get the weight down, the price is better. My octo is a Z1 - if there's a difference in breathing, I can't tell.

Here's a photo of the MK20/G250 i have. As I might have mentioned before, I don't usually sell regulators, I just seem to have acquired some extra....(how does that happen) and I will probably never use this one. I really like the older ones better.

As an example, there was more salt/verdigris on the hose connection threads on this G250 than there is on your oceanic. As you can see, they clean up just fine.
View attachment 390732

Has the Mk20 been updated due to the recall?

Yes the MK20 has a new yoke retainer. It came with the new style saddle.

Here's the MK10/G200B. I actually like these more.
IMG_0866.jpg

Anything I do will depend on what this shop decides to do to mske things right for me. They may decide to do nothing or they may offer to buy them back.
If they do nothing I will have a full set of good hoses and a good set of gauges. In that case i would only need a first stage, second stage and octo.

Z2 is a good reg. Standard they were sold in a 2HP/7LP configuration - at one time a 5port LP turret swivel was an option. A new Z2 is $439 for purposes of determining a fair used price.It probably doesn't have a 2nd stage swivel and the swivel hose from Atomic is $100. What is he asking for it?

It breathes the same - all the Atomic line does. the Z line uses Zirconium as a plating material over Brass. Atomic claims the same corrosion resistance at a lower price point.

It will have a Titanium demand lever in the 2nd - I think almost the entire line does. Same 2nd stage Seat Saver, also has Automatic Flow Control. it's a few ounces heavier than the others so since they don't use exotic materials to get the weight down, the price is better. My octo is a Z1 - if there's a difference in breathing, I can't tell.

Titanium lever in 2nd stage but brass valve body still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom