Instead of the Mk2, how about these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the last service on the SP is unknown. The Atomic is good to go.
All else being equal I am leaning to the Atomic.
Like I said I can't male a bad choice.

You refer to your sink as a "rinse tank?" =p
(hopefully you don't mean the other tank in the bathroom...)
I'm talking about at a dive resort or liveaboard - I don't do any local diving - I live in Phoenix...

Last edited:
Either is fine, although personally I'm not a big fan of the G250HP because they took a fantastic classic 2nd stage (G250) and made it worse by adding a plastic air barrel and orifice, and a surprisingly complicated inhalation adjustment set up that does not really have an advantage over the older simpler one.

We are a SP/Atomic dive school and I have been using SP since mid to late 90's (I think) and Atomic since late 90's, I'd go with the B2 in this instance especially since the Atomic B2 is still a current regulator. It is almost no contest here, Atomic B2 is tops!!

Either is fine, although personally I'm not a big fan of the G250HP because they took a fantastic classic 2nd stage (G250) and made it worse by adding a plastic air barrel and orifice, and a surprisingly complicated inhalation adjustment set up that does not really have an advantage over the older simpler one.

if the HP has a plastic air barrel, then no question about it, get the Atomic. Plastic air barrels are the worst

It sounds like they are about equivalent, but the Atomic is a little better.
I was leaning hard to the Atomic. You guys have confirmed that, so I will go with the Atomic.

Thanks

Here's a photo of the MK20/G250 i have. As I might have mentioned before, I don't usually sell regulators, I just seem to have acquired some extra....(how does that happen) and I will probably never use this one. I really like the older ones better.

As an example, there was more salt/verdigris on the hose connection threads on this G250 than there is on your oceanic. As you can see, they clean up just fine.
IMG_0863.jpg

I am sure it will clean up. The problem I have with it is that it was supposed to have been serviced when I bought it snd it apparently wasn't. That makes me wonder if he opened anything up to clean and service it.

Back
Top Bottom