Inexpensive ZHL-16C+GF computers in 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tbone1004 - need you to see if the new firmware in the Excursion you are evaluating works with this Subsurface update!

It should. The bt communication didn't change. Can't find it but I remember reading that the new software would still work with dive story?

Can't say thank-you to @dirkhh enough!

A good friend taught me that it is childish to keep grudges.
Subsurface 5.0.8 is out and supports the Crest CR-4 and (cough) clones.
So for the less tech-savvy among us, do we need to download the app with the new update separately, or is there a way to update the app I have on my iphone now?

So for the less tech-savvy among us, do we need to download the app with the new update separately, or is there a way to update the app I have on my iphone now?
The mobile apps on iOS and Android both have received the same update recently.
I doubt that they will automatically detect the corresponding device names so you'll have to tell it in the advanced settings to show you all Bluetooth devices

I ended up picking up a refurbished Hollis TX1 HE for CAD200 (about USD160) from Aquasports scuba (@Charlene Barker) in Calgary (no border crossing is a bonus). I then (of course) saw the not-too-positive experience with the TX1 from @stuartv . Oh well, it's been OK so far set to 90/90 with my primary set to 50/75 or 50/80. I'm not doing deco dives, so the 50 is not really relevant.

@tbone1004 - need you to see if the new firmware in the Excursion you are evaluating works with this Subsurface update!
That is the plan
the new software would still work with dive story?
Or, with an updated DiveStory, if necessary; that is the plan.

I ended up picking up a refurbished Hollis TX1 HE for CAD200 (about USD160) from Aquasports scuba (@Charlene Barker) in Calgary (no border crossing is a bonus). I then (of course) saw the not-too-positive experience with the TX1 from @stuartv . Oh well, it's been OK so far set to 90/90 with my primary set to 50/75 or 50/80. I'm not doing deco dives, so the 50 is not really relevant.
If you would like to send it back and upgrade to a Perdix, I will credit the full amount back to you. Just a thought !

If you would like to send it back and upgrade to a Perdix, I will credit the full amount back to you. Just a thought !
Yeah, I think my wife / dive buddy is in line for a new BC before that, but thanks!

I _am_ happy with the TX1, especially for the price. I did 38 dives with it attached to my BC, and when I checked the NDL (which it calls something different!) it was always right where I expected, tracking above my peregrine. It is great to have two computers and subsurface all following the same model. Also, CR2450 battery and black and white display seems like a good choice for a backup computer.

I'm a little late to this party but does anyone know if the firmware for the Excursion was updated to include customizable GFs and other improvements?

I'm a little late to this party but does anyone know if the firmware for the Excursion was updated to include customizable GFs and other improvements?
Still work in progress, last I read on SB.

Back
Top Bottom