ideas and suggestions on the design of the "perfect" dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So as I understand it, a customer can buy the REC model and later upgrade to the wireless AI or TEC with a software upgrade? Can you tell us anything about the prices for the various levels?

I cannot tell from the pictures on your site. How is the iPhone placed in the case, how are connections (i.e. headphones) made, and how is the case sealed to prevent accidental opening? Are there pictures of the mounting mechanism available?

With the wireless AI, will I be able to monitor my buddies pressure?

From what I've been told monitoring multiple sensors is possible.

I understand that the TEC model will support 10 gas mixes, so obviously multiple sensors are possible. I'm mostly wondering if simultaneous monitoring of at least two tanks will be possible for those who do not buy the TEC model.

We'll have to wait for the exact answer, I believe it will since I asked the question in the mode of watching my son's air supply.

Hey again guys,
We are racing around trying to get everything in order to go to Orlando but I do have some answers for you.

The REC will not support any type of air integration but the PRO and TEC will. The wireless reciever will be installed into both units making any paired sensor read from the unit. We are trying to program it to allow 5 for the TEC and 3 for the PRO. The headphones will attach using an IP68 round connector similar to the fischer brand connectors the rebreather guys use. We will also have another set of similar connectors built into the TEC for outside monitors like your O2 and CO2

The iPhone/iPod touch will go in through a hinged door on top of the unit. The door has a slide lock which is flush with the door making it impossible to open by accident. Once the device slides in the housing it will contact the serial connector making it one with the housing.

We will have some pictures of the production-ready unit on our site when we get back from the DEMa show.

You can upgrade the software on the REC to function as a multi-gas computer, it just will not be able to do air-integrated measurements. We are toying around with the idea of a housing upgrade program allowing you to send your REC in for upgrade if you outgrow its capabilities. i.e. installing HP sensor and wireless reciever into existing unit

<iframe frameborder="0" height="380px" src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/60867326/scuba-capsule/widget/card.html" width="220px"></iframe>

Here we go. Finally got it on kickstarter.com

Do you have a model for the ipad? I think the larger viewfinder for the camera would be useful.

And as a dive computer, it would have enough space to put piece of information on a dial like on an airplane.

You can upgrade the software on the REC to function as a multi-gas computer, it just will not be able to do air-integrated measurements.
So, there will be a multi-gas Nitrox version (not trimix) without tank pressure?

Are there any plans to make a wrist mount for it?

And most important question of all. I HATE Apple, but this could get me to stay with iPhone forever. This is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Love the idea, of once again another stand alone device integrated into my phone. And the ability to use camera at REAL depths is a plus.

What REALLY concerns me is, what happens when the ********* at Apple, on a whim, as they like to do these days, decide for whatever reason, or no reason at all, to no longer support it, and pull the app from the app store?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom