ideas and suggestions on the design of the "perfect" dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the Scuba Capsule on the market yet? Has anyone used one yet? How is the aftermarket customer service? Looking at the videos from the links above between the 2 designs, I am interested in the capsule over the dive phone. The case looks more rugged and I like the photo/video option while being able to see my dive info. I also like the compass and screen layout. I am an Instructor in Houston and I think my students would get a kick out of this thing. One of my rules of thumb when starting the lecture part of my class is to have everyone turn off their phone...and of course 75% of them pull out iPhones when powering down. Great upsale opportunity! I am interested in giving one of them a run to see how it handles compared to my Atom 3.1.

Last update on their facebook page was in August, and it was mentioning beta testing. Sadly, the beta test is for an iPhone 4 housing, so basically the product (which seems more vaporware than real) relies on people wanting state of the art outdated technology...
Sad, really. I thought it had a lot of potential.

So the beta is still on going for the integrated air and final casing. iPhone 4/5's. Lots of changes with the company and manufacturing... But still in the pipe. The software on the istore is out and gives a good idea what to expect. Current builds are pretty slick IMO. Not quite vaporware but obviously nowhere as easy to get to market as they thought :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom