I want a cool BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevsgarage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My old BC looks a little ragged and very much out of date. I think something very cool is in order.

I want something I can travel with but still use in the local lakes, moderate to warm water rec diving.I have been looking at the Mares Pegasus, and Morphos (I like the way it folds into a bag for carring) and the Dacor Talon AT.

You might notice all of these BC's have the new air trim device and some sort of carring device built in. I do like the neatness and convenience of these units. I am also thinking about Mares and Dacors new HUB units but they may be a little more than I want to spend, although concidering they are equiped with regs they may not be that high.

If anyone out there has used or has an opinion on these units I would appreciate your input. I would also welcome your opinion on other BC's for easy traveling and rec. diving.:confused:

stevsgarage wrote...
I am also thinking about Mares and Dacors new HUB units but they may be a little more than I want to spend, although conciering they are equiped with regs they may not be that high.
You might wanna check the archives first.....

:)

are mutually exclusive. Follow metridium's advice, check the archives here to help you in your research.

It's one of the FORBIDDEN TOPICS of this board. You are also not allowed to dicuss Pony bottles, computers, split fins, pink wetsuits.

If the DIR/Taliban found out we are talking about this we'll all be in trouble.

Personally I would like to find a nice forum to discuss thinks like BC's, computers and other diving topics in a pleasant atmosphere. If anyone knows of a board like that PM me (don't post or THEY might follow us there!!)

:wink:

kpauley wrote...
It's one of the FORBIDDEN TOPICS of this board. You are also not allowed to dicuss Pony bottles, computers, split fins, pink wetsuits.
Pink wetsuits?!?!? Why would anyone want to look like a Pepto-Bismol clot?

:confused:

kpauley wrote...
Careful. It doesn't take a DIR diver to see the arguments against certain BCs...just a modicum of intelligence.

kpauley once bubbled...

Personally I would like to find a nice forum to discuss thinks like BC's, computers and other diving topics in a pleasant atmosphere.
:wink:

Don't let them get to you. There are plenty of us here that don't have BPs or subscribe to a lot of the DIR ideas. Just keep on subject and ignore the comments.

As to a "cool" BC, I guess that's a matter of opinion. I don't care for lots of gadgets, there are just so many D rings you can use. To me at least, things like Air trim or the HUB just add a lot of expensive things that are of questionable use and are prone to break, but if that's what you like, dive it. I like a good quality rear inflate, weight intergrated BC that has a quick release harness and some padding. I dive a Ranger when I need a more robust BC and a Scout when I am in warm water or traveling. I don't do deco/ tech/cave/deep/doubles so they do what I want them to do. The best advice is to beg, borrow or rent several types/brands of BC and see what suits your needs.

If you want something to travel with why are you looking at the Hub? I've only seen it in the shop but it looks like it will need a bag all to itself.

The most versatile bc I have baught to date is the Scubapro Rec Tek wing. I've had everything from 10l Alu to twin 15l steel on this sucker and it has not let me down yet.

Jonathan

"It's one of the FORBIDDEN TOPICS of this board. You are also not allowed to dicuss Pony bottles, computers, split fins, pink wetsuits. "

Damn whats wrong with split fins :) I love mine

cherry ducks behind the couch and waits for the fur to fly

The coolest BC ever has to be the Backplate, Harness and Wing setup! Very versitile and efficient.

Stay away from that deathtrap known as the "HUB".

Back
Top Bottom