Need Recommendation for Pink Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

landlockeddivingdoc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So my wife and I are fairly new divers who are acquiring our first set of gear.

We're not married to any particular brand, new or used, and budget isn't a consideration. From an evaluation standpoint, I'm research driven and methodical, and her gear...has to be pink (since, don't you know, that increases performance like racing stripes on a car).

Anyway, I'm looking at gifting her some new fins and need recommendations. From an aspirational standpoint, I want to do a bit of everything. Her "specialties" would be non-penetration wreck diving, and photography. From a bouyancy standpoint, she has no desire to dive drysuit.

We will of course mainly be diving relaxing calmer warmer open water dives, and this summer I dove with Diverite xts and Mares Avanti Quattros, working on my frog and other kicks, before deciding on the Quattros as my "all around" fin. She's been renting Scubapro Seawing Novas (with which she trained in our first OW class), and likes them for their low effort, but wants something with a bit more versatility/control.

I think the Quattros would be perfect for her, but unfortunately they don't come in pink! Many of the tec fins do come in pink, but I think those might be a little bit too heavy or higher effort for her.

So, any recommendations for a good "all around" pink fin would be appreciated, whether that's a new manufacture fin from a manufacturer that is often overlooked, or the opinion of anybody that has experience with some of the older Mares fins that show up on resale sites. Or, if she should just continue using the Novas and get a second pair of tec fins that she needs to learn to use for specific circumstances.

Thanks!

I believe deep6 comes in pink.

For photo she will need to learn and use back kicks so go with paddle fins of some sort.

If you decide not to go with deep 6 fins, make sure the fins are neutral or positively buoyant, since she'll be diving in a wetsuit.

I appreciate all the replies. I also apologize if this question got posted multiple times---I posted it just as the servers crashed (or whatever happened) a few days ago, never got a notification it even got posted.

Deep6 Eddy flippers, available in pink and really awesome.

Edit- I own the scuba pro travel sports in black and love them, but these are the most popular & pinky fins I have seen on my fefe dive instructors.

Attachments

• IMG_4490.png
    IMG_4490.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 42

Back
Top Bottom