Deep Six Eddy - love 'em execpt...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frog kick only. Don't try to go fast.
I did my 800m and 400m divimaster swim the same say and was the only one not worn out.
I am lazy and out of shape. The person that did better than me swam regularly.
What was your time limit on the 800? 800m, 17 minutes and going slow don't math right.

And you are talking kicking only, correct? No arms?

What was your time limit on the 800? 800m, 17 minutes and going slow don't math right.

And you are talking kicking only, correct? No arms?
Kicking only, face down/snorkle. It was a small pool so 3-4 kicks would get me across.

Wow, I did not know that scuba fins were being made that are not for flutter kick. That is pretty much all I do.
many do, there is a better way..

Kicking only, face down/snorkle. It was a small pool so 3-4 kicks would get me across.
I know there were different 'scores' for different times. I didnt get the top score, but one down. Only one person was able to get the top score time IIRC

It is not just Eddys. I have a problem with ALL stiffish fins using a flutter at the surface. Underwater, less problem. Also, heavier fins work better (for me, YMMV) at the surface because they tend to be underwater rather than constantly breaking the surface. Splash does not move you forward.

I know there were different 'scores' for different times. I didnt get the top score, but one down. Only one person was able to get the top score time IIRC
Ah, so the PADI DM swim test? I actually like their scoring system much better than the pass/fail version. We are in a 25M pool, so both the swim and snorkel are fast enough that they take both some level of fitness and some level of technique.

Guys.. roll to the side. You'll see.

This is the way.

Back
Top Bottom