I can’t believe this happened! My tanks are breeding.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11 tanks?

A007E752-E83D-47B0-BFAA-F44543BDC087.jpeg

Weird how that works. I started with 3 AL80s three years ago. Well this is my new home.
20210903_114956.jpg

And I am contemplating another set of HP100s so I have two sets of trimix tanks.

They came home with me. I think they 38cuft. They are 1800psi steel 1951-52, they are shorter than my 1969 50's.

I took the valve off and looked inside. There is some rust at the bottom and very light rust on the walls. I'm going to get them cleaned and hydro'd. The valve on and off function works, the J valve rotates.

Think I have some similar

Well folks, I just slapped down some money on my very first tank, a Faber 12L steel... and I'm 100% blaming you lot if it self-reproduces. :D

We are not sure if it's asexual or sexual reproduction yet so you might be ok.

I honestly don’t know how they collect so fast. Kind of like how I think something happened three years ago snd it turns out to be six years. Where did the time go?
I think it’s a case of blackout collecting, kind of like blackout drinking where you do things while ‘under the influence’ then can’t remember what happened. When you wake up the next morning and go out to the garage you find more tanks and swear they are reproducing.
I had an uncle in Sweden that would go on buying binges and not remember what he did (very true story). But in his case he would go outside the next morning and there were five new Volvo's in the driveway.
So at least a tank habit is not as bad.

Another 100 just appeared. I need to get condoms for that 120.

A month ago, I had two AL80s. That's it. NIce, little local Saturday lake run setup.

Somehow there are six in the house now. Two with new hydros, two to go in this week after the end of month. And there was a PSI certificate in the mail last Wednesday?? And stickers Friday? All to get visuals probably this coming Tuesday, 01 Feb ?

I say these things and former GF thinks I am crazy for some reason. Wonder what she'd say if she were gonna be here when the HP steel 100s show up. I'm not as disturbed as she seems to think, am I? I blame CraigsBay ...

OMMOHY

A month ago, I had two AL80s. That's it. NIce, little local Saturday lake run setup.

Somehow there are six in the house now. Two with new hydros, two to go in this week after the end of month. And there was a PSI certificate in the mail last Wednesday?? And stickers Friday? All to get visuals probably this coming Tuesday, 01 Feb ?

I say these things and former GF thinks I am crazy for some reason. Wonder what she'd say if she were gonna be here when the HP steel 100s show up. I'm not as disturbed as she seems to think, am I? I blame CraigsBay ...

OMMOHY

Careful steel tanks can't keep it in there pants, once one shows up they breed like crazy...... I have 8 right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom