I can’t believe this happened! My tanks are breeding.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t need anymore bastard child tanks around! Thank you.
How come I can never go out to the shop and discover something cool like a pure bred E7 120 sitting there? Or something?
I’m afraid if the the 72’s keep at it, especially the painted ones, I’m going to end up with inbreds that have epoxy liners and/or boot rust!
If I start hearing banjo music I’m afraid I’ll go out and find a 1/2” tapered thread tank!! Oh god!
The vinyl coated one was bad enough!

I don’t need anymore bastard child tanks around! Thank you.
How come I can never go out to the shop and discover something cool like a pure bred E7 120 sitting there? Or something?
I’m afraid if the the 72’s keep at it, especially the painted ones, I’m going to end up with inbreds that have epoxy liners and/or boot rust!
If I start hearing banjo music I’m afraid I’ll go out and find a 1/2” tapered thread tank!! Oh god!
The vinyl coated one was bad enough!
If you're ever out my way I'll foster some of those 72s for you.... Wouldn't even charge room and board!

Ooh, sciatica is no joke. I hope you find a solution that works for you.

Ah so that's where I'm going wrong - I need two tanks to start the process. That's two more tanks than I currently have. But hopefully I can find good breeders (I can hear my husband mourning the loss of more man-cave space already). :D

If I start hearing banjo music I’m afraid I’ll go out and find a 1/2” tapered thread tank!!

It happened to me. Healthways 1962 (I think). New valve, though. XS Scuba still makes valves that fit.

Tankphoto1.jpg

Once your tanks start to breed you are in deep dodo. They will take over your utility room, your garage and then creep into the rest of your dwelling. Unfortunately there is no cure!

Once your tanks start to breed you are in deep dodo. They will take over your utility room, your garage and then creep into the rest of your dwelling. Unfortunately there is no cure!
At least I don’t have any aluminums.
I’m fine (for now) with steels breeding and reproducing, but aluminums will go straight to scrap.

Once your dive gear starts to breed you are in deep dodo. They will take over your utility room, your garage and then creep into the rest of your dwelling. Unfortunately there is no cure!

Fixed it for you

Had the same thing happen to me, but only got a pony tank. :eek:

Today I went to the transfer station to drop off trash from the dog park. I was just sitting there in my car minding my own business when all of a sudden my eyes where drawn by no fault of my own to these:
DSCN2931.JPG
DSCN2929.JPG

They came home with me. I think they 38cuft. They are 1800psi steel 1951-52, they are shorter than my 1969 50's.

I took the valve off and looked inside. There is some rust at the bottom and very light rust on the walls. I'm going to get them cleaned and hydro'd. The valve on and off function works, the J valve rotates.

Attachments

• DSCN2929.JPG
    DSCN2929.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 57

Back
Top Bottom