Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
our newest postcard...
Where have you been?
Ahh Doc, this was posted a while ago with Ivan.
Ya gotta keep with your board.:D

The hurricane center computers must be overheating. The models show Jeanne going east of florida, looping around and forming the letter P and heading westerly.

DennisS:
The hurricane center computers must be overheating. The models show Jeanne going east of florida, looping around and forming the letter P and heading westerly.
Y'all have had enough! Glad these are not interested:

Jeanne, Karl, Javier?

I wouldnt unsticky this thread quite yet, it could be just playing possum with us and coming in for the kill next weekend after doing its loop. Now i will keep my eye on it til next weekend. Cant they all just go away and let us dive on the east coast again?

Why should this become a un-sticky? As of now (NOAA 5 day tracking) this storm is NON-issue. Let's end this obsession, un-sticky this and if anything relevant happens concerning this storm I'm sure people will post and the thread will be elevated to the status it deserves by the relevant posts and not by an artificial "the sky is falling" approach. This storm just is no longer sticky-worthy.

As the hurricane center said: They can only predict the weather, there are absolutes. Just a calculated guess factor.
Home Depot made a bundle on selling hurricane supplies to potential areas where they were supposed to make land fall. But, I have to give them credit in there attempts to ship things where it was predicted to hit land.
I take my hat off to all the companies and people involved for their gallant efforts.

God Bless America and Support OUR troops.

Joe

My pastor announced in church today that the need for generators in the Panhandle is so critical that they are willing to buy generators from people to send up there. They are also willing to replace generators for people who will give their unneeded ones up at this time. It seems as if there are none to be had in Florida right now. So, if any of you has a heart to help, please contact the Red Cross, your local churches, or you can go here:http://www.calvaryftl.org/events/relief-effort.cfm The page is not up to date- they are now providing relief all over the state but there is a number that you can call.

Thanks & God Bless!

Looks like the storm is turning around again to face us over the rest of the week - time to keep an eye on it again!! Beyond Lisa there looks to be yet another wave coming through and building into something??? Can we just get some diving in? What are conditions like out on the east coast - particularly in mind of this storm just circling around and the upcoming REEF ID class (rescheduled before)?

Uh oh... here it comes... now FL is in the CONE of DEATH again for Jeanne... I guess being a bit of a hot rodder, she went out into the Atlantic to tear it up for a while and rip out a good donut before bringing the car home and parking it through the garage wall!

Current track

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom