Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last two updates have shifted the track west. It's gone from passing east of the Bahamas to whacking GBI again and coming closer to Florida.

I miss the complacent days from the past four years I've been here when I didn't think about hurricances and my shutters could sit in storage in the garage.

Marc

There is no saying it wont continue going west, of course we hope it wont, but i wouldnt take my eyes off this one til it gets to about tuesday :wink:

Then there's the tropical depression forming behind Jeanne. Mother nature's been busy this summer.

If it werent for year round (except as the hurricane passes) diving and the warm winters i would be getting a tropical depression about living here! :wink:

I am not up on my ancient curses but has anyone taken a look at the statue of neptune. I understand that it got knocked over like a year ago. Did someone take a piece of it? This reminds me of the Brady Bunch esp. Think really hard can anyone remember removing any odd looking figurines or jewels from the ocean in the past few months??

First off, I'd just like to say that Simon's idea about the conspiracy of oil and gas companies is TRUE! I have resorted to filling up everything with gas! I have come to realize that gas is more precious than water, since with all the rain, you can boil water clean with gas! Therefore, my tubs have both been emptied of water and have now are filled with kerosene. It makes the bathroom a bit stinky, but we can fill our camp stuff with it. (until it evaporates) I also own 382 chainsaws, 497 generators, a camel, 3 llamas, and a small boat for water evacuations. Then there are the 2,693 milk jugs filled with diesel oil that I have stashed in the trunk of my car, in case I ever need to sell a gallon to someone for their boat while they are floating downstream.
Hmmm... as for hurricane deflection, I say get all politicians in the state to stand on Miami Beach and recite their "If I get elected..." speeches. There's enough hot air in all that to deflect a continental plate, much less a storm!
My how we get testy over a few storms... cat 4's headed straight at us that is.

Yet again there is another tropical depression (#12) following behind Jeanne, they reckon it will do a 180 and die out - we shall see. What worries me more is a couple of huge wave looking things coming off N Africa - that dwarf Ivan or Frances IMO - can see those developing into something over the next week or so. Another thing i am particularly amused about is the nonchalant way that the forecasters at NOAA are using tongue in cheek comments during their commentaries - this afternoon the forecaster stated:

Franklin:
GLOBAL GUIDANCE IS A LITTLE MORE CONSISTENT IN SHOWING
THAT THE REMNANTS OF IVAN WILL BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE SOUTHEAST
U.S. COAST TO DEFLECT JEANNE'S TRACK TO THE RIGHT IN 2-3 DAYS.
HOWEVER...BUILDING HEIGHTS OVER THE NORTHEAST U.S. IN ABOUT 5 DAYS
ARE EXPECTE TO PREVENT JEANNE FROM RECURVING OUT TO SEA. WITH THE
FIVE DAY FORECAST POINT NEAR THE U.S. COASTLINE...THIS MIGHT BE A
GOOD TIME TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT THE AVERAGE FIVE DAY NHC OFFICIAL
FORECAST ERROR IS ABOUT 375 MILES...IN OTHER WORDS...
IT IS STILL
TOO SOON TO BE SURE WHAT PORTION OF THE UNITED STATES MIGHT BE
AFFECTED BY JEANNE.

I was just rolling around at that one, and of course thinking, please dont put the track near here and pull it away again - i want to buy wood to make a rack for my kayaks - how can i do that when Home Depot is lined up for miles with people going for their plywood ration????? I would also like to drive down the road without having to wait and pull out around a mile long line at the gas stations as everyone burns up their last couple of gallons waiting 2 hours to fill up to get back into the line again - just in case they might not get any again. :wink:

They will have the same satellite image if the election recount is messed up in some way or another this year :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom