Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, ALL hurricanes and tropical storms are to be directed towards Mexico until October 5th. Then they can come towards NY. Sort this out for me as I want to get some deep dives in before I head to the Gulf and I can't do it if you keep allowing swells to come Northwards as the boat trips keep getting cancelled!!! :wink:

There is probably another one lined up behind it that just hasnt developed yet! It looks to be starting to take a Frances-like path along the top of the islands - way to early for everyone to start rushing to Home Depot/Lowes again or clogging up the gas stations and roads - give it a week and we might start seeing that again :wink:

Si - think of what this has done for the economy! Sales of chainsaws, generators, and plywood have gone off the scale and well all know that all of those industries were next in line behind the air lines for nearing bankruptcy and pondering chapter 11. Then the ailing gas industry really needed this shot in the arm to provide gas at unheard of levels to support gas cans, generators, and full gas tanks for people to drive around aimlessly gawking after the storms pass saying things like "I can't believe all this damage. Look.. there's Gary's place.. I hope he's not impaled to the wall with that tree fallen through his roof!"

Of course its made for great muddin conditions!

CBulla:
Smokeaire - you reading this, get that girl back on the line, she will be in her element!!

As for sales and profit margins, i go back to my previous conspiracy that the government are making them aim at us (when they have the special tools to turn them away and not using them) to boost sales of stuff and use us to prop up the ailing economy! The hardware and food stores and oil companies are paying off the government not to help, so they can boost their profits and make a killing during hurricane season! :wink:

Lets just hope this next wave TD#11 doesnt come to anything.

CBulla:

Never thought of that !!!!! :eyebrow: Turning lemons into lemonaid (woooohoooooo)

simbrooks:
There is probably another one lined up behind it that just hasnt developed yet! It looks to be starting to take a Frances-like path along the top of the islands - way to early for everyone to start rushing to Home Depot/Lowes again or clogging up the gas stations and roads - give it a week and we might start seeing that again :wink:

More storms coming out of Africa 6/13/04 11pm

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom