Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitedstorm:
Word just came in, Darrel will be stationed at the same shelter we were at during Frances tomorrow night, I'm waiting home until the VERY last moment to join him :l:........ I've been promised, by the Sgt in charge, that I wont be anywhere near the funky people like last time..

The door is open for ya'll if you want to run away.. far away... :)

Here we go again. We wrapped up all of our equipment on the cape today. I guess tomorrow will be another boring day at work waiting for the Air Force to tell us to evacuate. Ugh!!!

I filled my generator tonight and refilled the gas can. I think every one else in Brevard County had the same idea. All the gas stations had huge lines except for the Mobil by my house. I was just getting used to the A/C again. :(

I was hoping to get most of the pool sessions done for one of my students this weekend. I guess that's not going to happen. Between Frances and Jeanne... it sure has messed up my teaching schedule.

Al

CBulla:
The door is open for ya'll if you want to run away.. far away... :)

:10: Thanks!!!!

I've been promised the moon and stars this time, I'm sure I'm being suckerd into this again...(when did men get our power :11: ) I just hope she doesn't come barreling across the state towards the gulf.

That storm can go anywhere it wants. I'm getting a few cases of beer, 20# of ice, and a whole lot of hamburger. Got plenty of propane, plenty of 50:1 for the chainsaw and bar and chain oil. Beer, burgers, and chainsaws! I'll be happy for a month even if the storm hits. :)

Colin, you're the coolest! I'm tempted to join you myself, but can't make myself stand in line for an hour for gas...I'm not going very far anytime soon! Sadly, I did stand in line at the pet food store last night (who'd have thunk the pet food is as popular as the Publix?)....I must be demented.

Vickie, you and kids are very welcome here too; honestly don't stay in the shelter, man!! Icky. I have learned that I live in a mini-fortress--cement ceilings and all! And living across the street from the shelter and fire station means I get electricity back FAST! :)

Good luck and best wishes to everybody; stay safe.

Thank you Krista..... I'll tell ya, there's nothing better than great friends and knowing some one out there cares about you. Everyone was so wonderful to us during Frances and now Jeanne, what a great feeling to belong to such a wonderful place. I've met more people I care about, right here on SB, then in my daily life. It's truly a blessing that we all have this Board......!

Right now, the plan is to stay with Darrel. He's afraid if the damage is bad again, we (me and the kiddies) won't be able to get back into the county. As much as I want to get in the car and haul butt over to the Bulla's house, I have to also respect my husbands feelings of wanted us to all stay together. It wont be bad until we lose power, and now that I wont ever even see one of the shelter people (alot of them were homeless and a bit dirty) since they've already arranged it (THIS TIME) I think we'll be just fine. Plus, this way I'll have all the cool shelter stories to tell....

Thanks again guys, you know we love you all :60: !!!!!

Vickie

This is the official 11AM forecast according to the experts at NO-WAY: :wink:

You are kidding right, Simon? It shows it looping around and hitting Jacksonville again!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom