Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Texas hasn't been hit yet this year.....

The models are split with some following the proposed track up I-95 from WPB to Jax, but a couple of other show a cross-state path, will know more hopefully by saturday (if not friday). Looks like diving is out for sunday, but maybe saturday can be saved :wink:

Why do these things always come on weekends, so much more useful on weekdays as we can play on the weekends and have time off in the week to prepare and remediate afterwards - its just not right, this will be at least 3 weekends when diving has been called to do with a hurricane.

Also Lisa is not certain to go north, several models show her going west - only a few going north, but they pick one model over another to give the track, just have to wait and see.

So we have it stickyed again - Chuck will be thrilled to see that :wink:

Lets just wait til friday or saturday to see how it really affects us, could be a little more west of that track if other models are to be believed! I wouldnt count out anything quite yet - except that we are going to feel something through late saturday into middle of monday most likely!

Andy - are you and David still thinking Blue Spring on sunday?

5 day chart shows it moving in an arc (remember to round the corners now when looking at it) from the SE through central and out the NE side (or S GA) - this looks interesting. I also like the Crown Weather site for all the extra tools and visuals to help see what might happen - but sunday is almost certain to be complete house sitting boredom again!! :wink:

this blows chunks the size of watermelons

No Kidding. No diving AGAIN this weekend. sigh.

Word just came in, Darrel will be stationed at the same shelter we were at during Frances tomorrow night, I'm waiting home until the VERY last moment to join him :l:........ I've been promised, by the Sgt in charge, that I wont be anywhere near the funky people like last time..

Well, my door is open, hopefully it will be a little nicer down here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom