Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
You are kidding right, Simon? It shows it looping around and hitting Jacksonville again!
Thought Andy could do with some hurricane action after missing a lot of the fun the last couple of times! :wink:

hey, jenny... i love you and all, but Jacksonville is WAY up there in Florida... that
thing is whirling around and hitting Titusville again, looks like
:wink:

and Simon, we were without power for only a day with Frances, and we only had
three trees fall on our lot, but... i wouldn't say that's "missing the fun"

so there

Well, I was without power for 8 days at my house, and had some damage and a few downed 100+ year old oak trees. I know that doesn't compare with the total loss that some had, but it was quite an inconvenience and made for a stressful time with the heat and lack of wind that followed. I also had to report in for work during and after the storm, because I'm the Computer Operations Manager for the School District here in Clay County and had to make sure all communications systems were operational to provide service to the shelters. We opened all of them, and it kept us quite busy for the week.

We're ready now for round 2 with the same plan of action.

I didnt leave all that early, our bosses didnt make us put the little rainhats on the computer monitors and CPU's, nor did they mention anything about unplugging, contingency on monday or such matters - guess they didnt see a threat with this storm - we shall see monday i guess :wink:

Hunker down y'all and keep safe this weekend. I might log on a bit, assuming the power is on. We didnt get our tanks filled, so wont be diving blue spring or venice tomorrow. Traffic wasnt bad tonight, but i can only imagine tomorrow going downhill on the roads though. This is getting tiresome, hope the end of season coming soon!!

GDI:
Do you think we are saving money on our electrical bills? LOL

Absolutely! I just got my FPL bill in yesterday. It was $100 less. I wonder how much I spent on gas for the generator????

Al

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom