Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And it keeps moving west, more by each advisory. Still think it will spin up here enough to feel tomorrow. Keep your chins up folks, should be over soon. Even though it looks a bit like Frances, it is moving twice as fast and projected to drop down in strength fairly quickly - although can we be sure of that? Good luck, will be on and off when i can.

The Gov said that all of central florida will be getting hurricane force winds. I don't have to work the EOC until after the worst of the storm, just have to sit here by the cell phone and wait for them to call me in.

Thanks. I had a group leaving out of Miami this morning to Bonaire. I haven't heard from them, so I'll assume they got out. I'll call the airlines to verify this.
I hope they made it!

We might feel it hurricane force for a while around central FL, but i reckon looking at the distance these winds extend, speed the system could be moving through and could dissapate in strength, that we might only feel strong winds from just before dawn through late afternoon - could be worse!! :wink:

Also, keep an eye on Lisa - although making moves north, the models show a shift to heading west and making a beeline towards FL (i think we have a hurricane magnet in this state) - something to keep in mind!!

Well, we're barely starting to feel some preliminary effects down here in Lauderdale By The Sea. Unless things change drastically over the next few hours, I am going to stay this time. I just don't have the heart to leave my home again, as I did for the last two. Jenny just called & harrassed me about leaving. I promised that I would call her at two, after the next update.

That's right Marvel. I know you love your home, but we love you more. If you were to leave and the home is destroyed.....staying there, do you really want to live thro that???? Also a major concern is the bridges back and forth to the main land. If the bridges go you you are stuck there..

1. Big storm
2. Never predictable
3. Staying is dangerous
4. Unknown things happen to building foundations. Lost beaches = collapsing buildings. In evolutionary terms, this is how islands are formed and removed. (Much bigger issue than a broken window or mangled shutters.)
5. You will endanger others who want to help you
6. If and when you decide (later) that you should have relocated, you won't be able to get help or leave
7. What you could see or hear will not be what you want to remember seeing and hearing
8. It might be nothing - then you can go home with nice thoughts about spending some time with people you enjoy

Its always nicer being around folks and sharing some thoughts and food and time.

Well, after looking at the new forecast this morning after waking up, I came to my senses and headed south to the hostess with the mostest, Jenny's house. Gladly so, as we watch the storm continue west toward home.
Marvel, we wish you'd still come join us, even if just for a girls night in, per se. The wine's flowing, come on over!!

Everyone, be safe; Vickie and other Treasure coasters please let us know how you fared.

Hey Marvel...

it sounds like they are going to have a ScubaBoard Slumber Party over at Jenny's! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom