Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have any info on Miami airport for tomorrow? Have you heard it will be closed or flights will not get out?

Good luck again. I hope all will be well. This has been one tough two months.

Hopefully these storms will end soon and we can all, no matter how our lives have been effected, start to resume a normal life.
Take care.
Chuck

Natasha:
Does anyone have any info on Miami airport for tomorrow? Have you heard it will be closed or flights will not get out?

I know that Orlando International is closing down tomorrow at 5pm.

Sorry to butt in, just wanted to wish you guys well down there. You are all in our prayers.
jason

Natasha, I just heard on the TV that they are going hour by hour. As of this time it is open and they plan on remaining open as long as they can.

Gosh this is no fun!

Hey, Smokey ... no wonder she is your X.
You are such a NICE guy!!!
Just ask Scuba Jenny... she STILL loves that hat!
TTF

SmokeAire:
AARRRGGGHHH....that's my exwife's name. Battan down the hatches!

BaitedStorm,
You have kiddies? I have been diving with you a couple times.... had no idea. I would think you are a GREAT mom. People like you should be able to have as many kids as they like!
STAY SAFE. Sorry I can't offer any place to stay. I live in a tiny apartment. I find that divers tend to be the friendly sort. And what I have seen on this board has proven me right. I'm glad other divers have been kind to you.
Trish the Fish

baitedstorm:
Thank you Krista..... I'll tell ya, there's nothing better than great friends and knowing some one out there cares about you. Everyone was so wonderful to us during Frances and now Jeanne, what a great feeling to belong to such a wonderful place. I've met more people I care about, right here on SB, then in my daily life. It's truly a blessing that we all have this Board......!

Right now, the plan is to stay with Darrel. He's afraid if the damage is bad again, we (me and the kiddies) won't be able to get back into the county. As much as I want to get in the car and haul butt over to the Bulla's house, I have to also respect my husbands feelings of wanted us to all stay together. It wont be bad until we lose power, and now that I wont ever even see one of the shelter people (alot of them were homeless and a bit dirty) since they've already arranged it (THIS TIME) I think we'll be just fine. Plus, this way I'll have all the cool shelter stories to tell....

Thanks again guys, you know we love you all :60: !!!!!

Vickie

Natasha:

There's been no announcements about closing at either MIA yet. FLL will close at 2:00pm, but many airlines have already cancelled flights for this morning.

Flight ops will continue until winds hit 40-45 mph. However airlines cancel flights before that time so that none of their equipment gets caught on the ground by a closing.

I would suspect they'll both shut down by this evening.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom