Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A most excellent hostess Jenny is to! She's got all the bases covered - Hermit crab for other kids to play with, kitties for the cat lovers, a cool dog for other dogs to hang with, TV to catch the college football games on, and a great house to be at while watching and waiting to see what the storm is going to do. Kris and I can't say enough good stuff about Jenny and her generosity :D

If you are looking for something to do outside the de casa, there is a cool place called Native Village up the road that can help occupy some time. :)

Well just me on my lonesome here, roommate is off in another state again for work and Becky just took her newphew back to Tally (moved forward from leaving tomorrow), so its a bit quiet here. Cant even begin to watch more hurricane coverage til at least 5 with the "new" track and maybe again at 11 too - just for laughs. Might go hit blockbuster and get something to entertain whilst the power is still on. I just hate these waiting days before the storm - i should have been diving the sewage slick down in Venice i guess, but hit the Y instead (closed now). Will be back later bored out of my mind :wink:

Well. my group did get out of Miami today.
Can you guys give us an idea of what's going on there today? Is it windy and raining now?

Natasha:
...what's going on there today? Is it windy and raining now?

No Tasha, all that stuff you see on TV is a sinister plot, designed to drive up FL land prices (or to change the election outcome again - I forget which plot this one is). I'm currently on a surface interval, waiting for a break in the current so I can get in a second cul de sac dive!

KBeck:
Yup, the ladies are ALL here.....the red wine is flowing......who wants to join??

If knew this, I would have sent my mom down to join you - then I could get a good day's nap and lounge around here in my underwear.

You all keep the windows closed!

I checked weatherbug for Maimi Beach and got the following:
Data as of: 4:35 PM 9/25/2004
Current Conditions
Temperature: 72.1°F Pressure: 29.48"
Average Wind: 16mph W Sunrise: 7:10 AM
Humidity: 93% Sunset: 7:12 PM
Dew Point: 70°F Moonphase: -85
Heat Index: 77°F Monthly Rain: 0.03"

So Far Today
High: 77°F Rain: 0.01" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Low: 72 °F Gusts: 37mph NW
Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood International
Dania, FL
Data as of: 4:09 PM 9/25/2004
Current Conditions
Temperature: 77.0°F Pressure: 29.45"
Average Wind: 28mph WNW Sunrise: 7:10 AM
Humidity: 94% Sunset: 7:12 PM
Dew Point: 75°F Moonphase: -85
Heat Index: 83°F Monthly Rain: N/A"

So Far Today
High: 79°F Rain: N/A" Rain Rate: N/A"/h
Low: 77 °F Gusts: 41mph W
Martin County Emergency Operations Center
Stuart, FL
Elevation: 10ft
Click here to visit the website for this station
Data as of: 4:40 PM 9/25/2004
Current Conditions
Temperature: 78.9°F Pressure: 29.39"
Average Wind: 13mph N Sunrise: 7:11 AM
Humidity: 90% Sunset: 7:13 PM
Dew Point: 76°F Moonphase: -86
Heat Index: 86°F Monthly Rain: 15.42"

So Far Today
High: 85°F Rain: 0.79" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Low: 77 °F Gusts: 36mph NNW
And from my house here on the west side of the state:
Villas South Zone Magnet School
Ft. Myers, FL
Elevation: 10ft
Click here to visit the website for this station
Data as of: 4:42 PM 9/25/2004
Current Conditions
Temperature: 77.5°F Pressure: 29.66"
Average Wind: 8mph N Sunrise: 7:17 AM
Humidity: 81% Sunset: 7:19 PM
Dew Point: 71°F Moonphase: -86
Heat Index: 82°F Monthly Rain: 0.20"

So Far Today
High: 86°F Rain: 0.08" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Low: 70 °F Gusts: 24mph NNE

MB:
No Tasha, all that stuff you see on TV is a sinister plot, designed to drive up FL land prices

LOL MB. I guess that guy wasn't kidding when he told me he could sell me some swamp land in Florida. :D

Isn't all of Florida swamp land at last check????
Colin, good to know we're getting higher gusts than Martin county......where are all the single gentlemen now, might I ask???
Natasha, the wind is blowing, it's raining and the beer is cold......maybe your group can join us instead.... :)

Colin, you're too kind; thank you so much; you guys are wonderful guests and are welcome here ANY time!!
So, waves are good, you wanna play cowboy...Krista's got her chaps ready!!!! :D

the weather guy just said the eye will pass just west of orlando as a hurricane 1.....I'M JUST WEST OF ORLANDO!!!! :11:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom