Hurricane Ivan is next...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

courtesy of Dee, here's the latest forecast path from NOAA:

Projected Path

Do I get a refund on my auto tags?

SmokeAire:
Do I get a refund on my auto tags?
I believe they are now swapping them in for boat registrations :wink:

Why are the "experts" saying that this thing is headed to Jamaica/Cuba and then Florida? It's path for the last few days puts it pretty much at Belize or the Yucatan. Well, hopefully for you battered Sunshine Staters, it will slip right between Cuba and the Yucatan and go into the Gulf and burn out.

simbrooks:
I believe they are now swapping them in for boat registrations :wink:

:rofl:

Hank - its not running far enough south with the right winds to continue that far west... we're the projected target at the moment.. irregardless of where it makes landfall, the west side of FL is going to get some rain and wind outa this beastie..

H2Andy:
courtesy of Dee, here's the latest forecast path from NOAA:

Projected Path

Hmmm, I think I'll move my wife, dog and cats about 50 miles to the north and buy us some Gulf coast beach property in Georgia. Should be able to get it for next to nothing. :wink:

Just looked at the 5:00am track. Sucks to be in Ft. Myers right now. :(

Marc

FLL Diver:

Marc

I have family all over Florida, and I have that area covered with all bodies of water. I have family in Ft. Myers, Clewiston, and Ft. Lauderdale, not to mention family in several other endangered and battered cities like St. Pete and several households in Gainesville.

FLL Diver:

Marc

Right on buddy.. thats why my wife and I have gassed up the vehicles, loading up personal effects (and dive gear!) and gettin outa dodge!

Soooooooooo.. after sleeping on the game plan to get outa dodge, I brought up some points to my wife abou the drive.. its 740 miles to where we were going. For two vehicles, thats 1480 miles up and 1480 back. In my book that is asking for mechanical trouble when you least expect it.. sooooooooooo, revised game plan. We're going to Visit Jenny in Ft Lauderdale and hide out until this thing goes by.. then we'll slide home to check to see if we have a house left...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom