Hurricane Ivan is next...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am thinking the safest place in FL at the moment is Miami/Ft Lauderdale. However, my company is thinking of giving me a all expense paid vacation to Costa Rica next week. I'll be the only network engineer in my company working probably next week. Thinking that may not be a good ideal. Oh well.

Paul

Jenny sounds like about 100 miles each way, that is a lot less wear on your car!!! :wink:

Ok, looking at the discussion and the projections, why on earth are they showing their prediction going up the Gulf coast when all the other models (bar one showing AL i think and the GFDL model inline with the NHC forecast) are indicating it coming in around Naples and going over towards WPB-Melbourne?? Are they hopeful of other conditions than those they inputted into their computer models? Just seems strange to me - i would show a path going straight up I-4 again, if not slightly further south, but parallel if i were them.

All i have to do for this one is buy gas and more perishable items, everything is sitting there after last weekend - yeah!

the five-day chart shows Ivan
climbing up the west coast of Florida (and parallel with Tampa
on Tuesday morning), though NOAA admits it could veer west
into the Gulf of Mexico or right into Florida.

Ivan is fluctuating in strength, but it still packs
145 mph winds.

National Hurricane Center

Well, my company got it's act together this time & I am part of a small team that is being flown up to Alpharetta GA to set up an emergency help desk. I leave tomorrow. My prayers will be with you all.

I'll probably be in the same area Marvel. My company is going to send me to Atlanta instead of CR now.

Paul

well... the Florida Keys are asked to evacuate. Ivan is about to hit Jamaica with 145 mph winds, and there are 32 reported dead in Granada:

Story

wstein:
I'll probably be in the same area Marvel. My company is going to send me to Atlanta instead of CR now.

Paul

Wanna go diving???? :wink:

hey Marvel... you gonna be around tomorrow? Colin & Crew arriving tonight...wanna go diving tomorrow?

Scuba_Jenny:
hey Marvel... you gonna be around tomorrow? Colin & Crew arriving tonight...wanna go diving tomorrow?
Can't- they're flying me to Alpharetta for real this time. Wanna kitty????

i just heard that they are rationing gas all over Florida starting at 2:00 pm today.

the most you can get is $5.00 at a time. I don't know if this is true. Just thought I'd pass it on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom