Hurricane Ivan is next...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heck $5 will only get me to ocala if I am lucky from tampa.

paul

H2Andy:
i just heard that they are rationing gas all over Florida starting at 2:00 pm today.

the most you can get is $5.00 at a time. I don't know if this is true. Just thought I'd pass it on.
You can burn more than that just waiting in line!! Also that is rather late to tell us, isnt it! :wink:

Colin, sent you a PM; Paul, Simon, Colin, Jenny Marvel, etc; I'm happy to house anyone if you need to get out of the way; still no guarantee it won't come this way, but the offer stands if anyone needs it. I've got all the junk food you can ask for, and the few extra pounds to show for it.
Safe wishes to everyone.....again.

H2Andy:
i just heard that they are rationing gas all over Florida starting at 2:00 pm today.

well... a local station is saying that they spoke to the
Governor's Office and there is no plan to ration gas:

http://wokv.com/

so this was a rumour after all

KBeck:
Colin, sent you a PM; Paul, Simon, Colin, Jenny Marvel, etc; I'm happy to house anyone if you need to get out of the way; still no guarantee it won't come this way, but the offer stands if anyone needs it. I've got all the junk food you can ask for, and the few extra pounds to show for it.
Thanks for the offer, i have a few possible refuges here, my house, which is also a bunker or others that i am thinking about. Who knows where this storm is going, i am just going to stay and watch the few remaining trees topple! :wink:

KBeck:

Thanks for the offer, if I don't head off to Atlanta, I am going to tie myself to a very large road sign. I am going for distance when that thing blows away :eyebrow: Seriously, good luck to everyone, and hunker down tight where ever you may end up and pray for those of us that are stuck in the middle of it.

Paul

wstein:
Thanks for the offer, if I don't head off to Atlanta, I am going to tie myself to a very large road sign. I am going for distance when that thing blows away :eyebrow:
They should make it an olympic event, of course just like a few events, only those in the ideal location could really practice. They could call it hurricane-powered human-kite racing, more a longevity thing, see how long you can ride out the winds on your street sign - i can see this being a big spectator sport, the crowd would be blown away by it with applause raining down on the victor!! :wink:

I truly am sorry for my humour today, it is a slow day in the office.

simbrooks:
I truly am sorry for my humour today, it is a slow day in the office.

Your humor is well recieved on this end.

Paul

I'm just hoping it dies down in Cuba. My family lives in Sarasota and the only one that could leave was my uncle. He went to Michigan.

Here is what i think will be track around FL, Ivan appears to be doing a little friday happy dance around the state, visting all the folks in FL before finally centring in on central FL - after all we are the middle of the state, the universe and all storms seem to be passing through here. :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom