Hurricane Ivan is next...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLL Diver:
There was another track map of Ivan that I received via email. Unfortunately it's considered too risqué for SB. If you haven't seen it, PM me and I'll send it to you.

Marc
I thought Paul (wstein) put it up the other day? The middle digit is pointing away from you, but towards the map/FL, so its not actually rude. :wink:

simbrooks:
I thought Paul (wstein) put it up the other day? The middle digit is pointing away from you, but towards the map/FL, so its not actually rude. :wink:

yeah it wasn't considered appropriate. oh well.

paul

We pinned the same image up in the office, right as you come in, no-one complained. Well its pretty much explained now anyway, just Ivan fiving FL the bird.

I got "the note" as well when I posted it. :D

C'est la vie.

Marc

Just as a discussion point, i was listening to the tv forecasters earlier. One of them was suggesting that the high that is out over the GA/SC coast might be weakening under the influence of a couple of small systems coming in from the east. The models seemed to be funneling the path up between that high and a front that is sitting over GA (havent they been all this summer?), but with the high weakening, that might mean more influence from the front and so it might head more east and south than the current path. Although not officially shown with the NHC path, it is certainly plausible and worth bearing in mind that even those in the SE might not be completely safe if things dont turn out quite as the forecast currently shows. Of course the current path keeping it offshore looks best all around, but dont let that fool you into thinking we are home free yet!

Yet one more advisory and track to discuss. This time the models are split one set going up the west coast, offshore and going in for the kill in Tally, the others are going in north of Tampa and heading for Jax by the looks of it. I guess the northern wobbles of the eye were negated by the western wobbles earlier today, still not sure about that high out in the Atlantic, but time will tell - i'll be back in my meteorological armchair later tonight, for now i must run off and go diving, Chuck this is your 3 hour warning, better get a move on buddy! :wink:

simbrooks:
I expect that the early church doubted Thomas's account after the bad rap he got from the other 4 gospels - but this is off topic, unless of course you are praying about safety of Floridians and other such petitions! :wink:

Yall crack me up! So witty!

I AM praying for the safety of Floridians. Thinking of you all,

Foo

Emergency news weather broadcast from our local station... PU2U2 Channel 8 News...
"This is Harvey Backwater coming to you from Gainesville, Florida. Hurricane Ivan has set his sights on Central Florida and is expected to dump over seven feet of rain in less than an hour on most of Central Florida. Flood stages for most rivers will be 397 feet above sea level which means anyone South of the Great Smokey Mountains has been urged to move inland. Looking at his projected path, Ivan will spiral into the state from Tallahassee. After failing to graduate from a lower rated facility, he will continue to Gainesville, Florida where it will find a REAL University to attend. Shortly after that, it will attend Central Florida Community College for undergraduate studies in meteorology, nautical calculus, and basketweaving. Ivan has stated in an exclusive interview with this station that it will in fact be taking over the Gulf Coast and settling in for quite some time. He has seen some investment property for sale cheap in South Florida and is planning for his financial futures in Real Estate specializing in Coastal Communites. Hurricane Ivan's little brother, Romanisch Petervich Viedermonick Bandrovitchnaya, will be moving here in the late fall to attend Community College in Orlando. Thus finishing off both Hurricane Season and the Fall Semester with a bang. Their sister, whose name we will not even ATTEMPT to pronounce, will be waiting until NEXT year to make the Atlantic crossing to stop for a short time in Jamaica for a Summer vacation. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program currently in progress,... Psychotropic Drugs and their effects on Elephant Seals in Wisconsin."

OK, I'm not even going to try to read through all this...stuff...

Just checking in. Still don't have power from the last cane, and would very much enjoy a respite from the wind (I'm at DSW's now [take that as you will])

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom