Hurricane Ivan is next...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
If it is like the other two Karls I know, there will be LOTS of hot air, but nothing accomplished! Bwahahaha!

That's kind of a low blow to a guy you know isn't going to fight back. Shame on you Net Doc... Karl is not the bad guy you say he is.

Hmnnnn....now how would you know which Karl I am talking about? It wouldn't be the Karl that slams me on his board now would it? No, he's a saint, or so he'll tell you.

NetDoc:
Hmnnnn....now how would you know which Karl I am talking about? It wouldn't be the Karl that slams me on his board now would it? No, he's a saint, or so he'll tell you.

Pete,

You know it's him. You're both guilty. And I've only read him slam you on the other board when you've made remarks about him. You two should KISS and make up already.

Welllllllllllll.. the mandatory evacuation order for the island of Key West has been lifted. a TS watch still in effect.

The lastest storm track has Ivan going farther west, which is good news for us - it looks like we're starting to catch a break. I'm still hanging tight here at Jen's until we know for sure, I want to see where it goes after it breaks past the tip of Cuba.

Ahhhhh, it feels good to start the day without looking at a hurricane tracking plot.

You can look, but also breath a sigh of relief as it continues to steer away from here!

simbrooks:
You can look, but also breath a sigh of relief as it continues to steer away from here!
Well, now, that's pretty selfish...
Sum***** has *my* place on Perdido Bay boresighted this morning.
Rick :) :(

Rick, chances are that it will continue to move westward a little more, its been inching more that way and even the forecaster at NOAA mentioned in the discussion that he would have moved it further west if it werent for trying to keep up the continuity of the track with previous advisories. That would however mean you would eat some of the NE quadrant heavy wind and rain, but not the eye itself - hopefully.

Of course, one man's relief is another's distress, two cane's should be enough for anyone in one month, three is just making it a habit! Hope you and yours and the rest out on the northern Gulf make it through ok :wink:

latest guess moves it back east from Perdido to Destin.
Bottom line - the weatherguessers just don't know.
Ivan is the 10,000 pound gorilla and will go wherever it goes.
There's a remote possibility of some significant weakening if it moves slowly enough for some shear to get to it in about 36 hours.
We can hope.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Ivan is the 10,000 pound gorilla
with a machine gun! :wink:

The models are spread out from where the track currently is putting it through the far west of FL panhandle to almost SE Texas. You are going to get some kind of effect from it, but hopefully not as much as the current forecast shows.

BTW, do you guys need rain?? This flat part of the country all along the SE is just asking for flooding unfortunately.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom