Humans not designed for monogomy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
Sue i thought you were a scientist or something like that? I was always told that nipples were created before the sex was apparent (possible even decided - although i find that hard to believe, but certainly before sexual organs start to develop), however that could be bad info. All i can say is i think we would look weird without them, just having a fairly landmark free chest :wink:
Yeah, we are all the same until hormones and genes tell us which way to go. For every girl part, there is at least a vestige on boys, and vice versa. That's why men have nipples. Still a design flaw, if you ask me. :)
You wouldn't want me to re-engineer humans though, cause I'd make it so men have the babies. :D

Bubble-og:
hmmm.......why get involved in this....it's not even interesting...

Good question. And your answer is.......?

Men having nipples a design flaw?? What has this discussion turned into? (lol)....
SO, what are male nipples used for? any suggestions? :wink:

goofystan:
Men having nipples a design flaw?? What has this discussion turned into? (lol)....

decoration..

Men have nipples? I'm just an invertebrate zoologist.

Dr. Bill

cancun mark:
decoration..
I think we have a winner here. That's the first plausible explanation I have heard.

Come on folks,

You aren't getting wound up over the subject due to some "scientific" debate.

It's our very human insecurities and hangups that get us all hot and judgemental arguing over this sort of thing.

For all those who said: "I am monogamous", can you ask the same thing of your partner(s) and how would you ever know if they were being dishonest.

How the heck did I miss this thread?? Oh well, better off for it. I'm sure I would have had several vacations granted for my comments, so I'll forget I found it. :)

So tempting though...

goofystan:
They are strong indications of cold temperature.

Louie:
It's our very human insecurities and hangups that get us all hot and judgemental arguing over this sort of thing.
That's pretty much the exact same thing that the social scientists say, leaving out all the details. And there's often quite a bit of detail; this has been studied too. Having heard or read some of it, I fully agree with the experts that many folks can't be objective regarding this sort of stuff.

Compared to human sociobiology, the communication problems between environmental scientists and the public is a cake walk. Swell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom