How to change your wetsuit colour?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be careful using dyes or other treatments on the fabrics. There is always the possibility they may weaken the fabric and cause it to separate from the neoprene... bye, bye wetsuit in short order. I've seen bad dyes do this to commercial made wetsuits, mainly in light and powder blue colors.

The automobile carpet recon dyes may also be an option but I'd be sure to test on some scrap, like an old pair of gloves. Even that is not a guarantee of 100% compatibility with your suit.

Black suit are no longer available?

If you do dye it, make sure you rinse it very well before diving. You wouldn't want to be poisoning fish with exess dye rinsing off your wetsuit.

Welcome to SB meimei! My suggestion is really not a good one but true none the less.
A good dive buddy of mine took his DS training in the local pool. He had a Bare crushed neoprene DS with blue trim a really sharp looking suit. The only issue was the pool attendant that was in charge of the water treatment was new and the chlorine levels were very high. Needless to say his blue trim turned brown, not a big deal if you like brown but when it was the first time in the water, he was not happy! I cannot speculate on what other issues or variables contributed to the color change only that when I do training there I am very careful with my gear! If you are very displeased with the color perhaps you could trade or sell it. Good luck and I hope all goes well! CamG keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

yes I was worried it'll come off when I'm diving ... and I realy do not wanna poison any fish...

Nope... cos the stock doesn't move... guess ladies dun like their suits all black..:(

Pee in it enough and that'll change the color...
Or something else...I don't think brown is the new suit color though. And then it would only be on the inside.:rofl3:

I wanted to blacken/darken the logos on my 1mm O'Neill wetsuit so I used Feibing's (sp?) black leather dye. It worked quite well! The logos weren't fabric though -- some sort of commercial ink/paint. But when I tried using the leather dye on that godawful gold stitching on my OxyCheq wing, it didn't quite work.

Black sharpie is good for about twenty dives before needing a bit of touch-up on the Oxycheq stitching. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom