How many SB'ers have you met?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I I have met literally thousands from several nations because of this forum including TSandM. I have even had cops pull me over since my tag reads "NetDoc" and they wanted to say "hi". ScubaBoard has made me kind of infamous and has been a wild ride from the start. I love it. It's been a lot of fun.

I also meet my SO through SB. If you are ever at a dive show or traveling to/through Key Largo, please look us up.

WWTDD. It seems several respondents don't discuss SB with other divers they meet. I have to admit that that I'm probably guilty of that as well. It seems I have a topic for a new thread.

The first rule of Scubaboard is that you don't talk about Scubaboard.

We met IrishSquid on our first dive on our own. He led us to the ways of the ScubaChat and the peanut butter and jelly sammich. I thank him for both!

From NetDoc to Genesis probly 30ish.Most likely dove around many of you and a few lurkers as well.Nowadays I dive with maybe the same 5 people every year.

I have only meet four. In the future I would like to have a meet and greet this next summer with the sb'ers in the area.

I've met maybe a dozen, all but two at the 2010 Portage get together. The other two live less than an hour from me, in different directions.

I have met lots of SB'ers.

68866d1260153719-who-comming-mocal-meet-greet-weekend-dec-5th-scubaboard-members.jpg

This SB get together was in honor of one of our friends, after she passed away. As you can see SB brought many people together from different walks of life.

93430d1303623170-friends-kristina-dive-kristina-memorial.jpg

Last edited:
Met bunches at the annual Venice Beach Birthday Bash, including NetDoc, Walter,H2Andy, Debraw, and many others, all good fun folks

Wow ... a lot! Went on a Bonaire trip with about 35 of 'em a few years back. Seems like whenever I travel I'm meeting people who know me through ScubaBoard. Heck, I've even met Moonie!

Last May I was in Florida ... taking a class with Diveaholic ... when these two nice women walked up to me and said "Are you NWGratefulDiver?" Turned out to be ScubaSam and Drydiver ... who I had a great time socializing with over the next couple of days. Met a bunch of SB'ers at the NSS-CDS conference later that week.

Over the past seven years, a significant percentage of my students find me through ScubaBoard ... even had one come all the way to Seattle from Minnesota to take an AOW class with me ... and another from Colorado.

I've met and dived with a bunch of "local" folks too ... by "local" I'm talking west coast ... from Fairbanks to Los Angeles. Sometimes they live around here ... sometimes they come to Seattle ... sometimes they even stay at my house ... other times I travel to where they are, and they take me diving. I've accumulated a wealth of memorable dives that way.

The one person I really have to mention by name is Uncle Pug. He was the one who initially told me about ScubaBoard, and has been a mentor, friend, dive buddy, and the guy who initially got me interested in taking pictures underwater. I've met literally hundreds of SB'ers ... he more than any other has influenced the diver I've become ... for which I'm very grateful ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom