How do you wear your long hair to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to love the fringed hairstyle but stopped doing it since I started diving. You just can't keep the hair out of the mask.

Best thing for longer hair is:

Tie it at the back and either:
a) Braid/plait it

or, if you can't be bothered

Tie a few elastics around the ponytail (depending on length) so the hair is secured and doesn't float everywhere.

Pony tail with shorter front hair twisted and clipped on the top of my head. Not necessarily a fashion statement, but I never have problems with hair in my mask. :)

hnladue:
Braid it back, then put a hair glove over it! (www.hairglove.com)

I haven't been diving very long either and boy is my hair a pain! I have it about 3/4 down my back and in layers. I can't braid my own hair and my buddy (hubby) is braid (as well as all things girlie) challenged so I usually do the pony tail/ chignog thing with lots of conditioner, but I think I see myself trying this hair glove thing in the near future, 'cause although my method keeps my hair out of my face and soft, the knots are really a huge problem once I get back on the boat! Thanks for the link. :wink:

My hair is almost waist-length. I plait them into two pigtails and then take another elastic band to tie the two pigtails together. Otherwise, with one pigtail, it kept getting caught by the velcro on my the collar of my wetsuit. That hurts, and it is also one big mess to untangle later on.

and hair did not stay in it,

then I did a do-rag, but that was to short and came off easily,

then I found this board read some recommendations and ordered a couple of Dee-Rags and

TA-DA....its worked great!

Juls

hair gloves DO come in 12in neoprene, but you'll have to call to order one. They aren't available thru the website. I got one to match my dive skin from Dive Godess!!!

I section off the top of my hair by taking my thumbs behind my ears and run them to the top of my head and add a barrett,then I braid the back,When Im done diving or swimming, fresh water rinse the whole head And I spray a little Infusium 23 leave in conditioner in my hair and I leave it like that till Im ready to shampoo my hair. The barrett will help with those pesky little fly away strands around the face.
Turtle Gal

I have found the best braid is to French Braid it if you can; I did one better and cut if off.

aeonflux10:
How do you wear your long hair to dive?

Very carefully :D

Whaaaat this isn't a joke .... Sorry couldn't pass it up

I know, I know, back to my corner .

I had really long hair when I started diving and found without a hood I was best to put it in a pony tail then wind it in to a really tight bun and put my mask strap around either side of it and it was brilliant not tangles no floating hair works a treat m\for me, with a hood long braid and plenty of detangler. I look a photos of women diving wiht their hair out and think ohh no what a mess they must have had to deal with when they got out they are brave souls.

Back
Top Bottom